Chapter 4 (SHORT)

A/N: Hello everyone! I'm so so sorry for the late update. Ik it's been like 6 months but I've decided to come back from my quite long hiatus (Also I kinda got logged out of my acc lol). I'll finish this book and write another one which will be a wlw one. Any ideas, you can suggest, even if you want another Kavetham one!

Also an important note: This season will only probably have around 10 chapters as there is not much to write around. Anyways, I hope you guys will enjoy this series either way. Thank you all so much for the continuous support.

--

A month in. One whole month of letters from Kaveh being bombarded in front of Alhaitham's door. This time, Alhaitham was reading the letters in the study room. Fortunately for Kaveh, Alhaitham had responded to a few of his letters. He thought it was finally time to actually go and meet Kaveh as that was what he stated in his last letter. He'd asked Kaveh to come over and have lunch together so they could have a talk. Alhaitham had wanted to tell Kaveh something important that he'd decided. They both agreed to not have anyone else know about Kaveh's 'return'.

By twelve, Kaveh was already at the front door. He knocked on the door, and Alhaitham was standing there as the door creaked open. The younger man signaled for Kaveh to enter the house, and that's what he did.

"I've already prepared the food. It's on the dinner table." Alhaitham said as Kaveh was taking off his shoes, closing the door behind him. "Just go and have a seat, I'll be right there." Kaveh had a worried expression on his face, but just made his way to the dining room anyway.

Kaveh sat down at his usual spot, the one right across Alhaitham's usual one. After exactly two minutes and thirty-four seconds, Alhaitham walked into the room and took his seat.

Kaveh stared at Alhaitham's face, but it wasn't reciprocated. Alhaitham still couldn't bring himself to look Kaveh in the eyes as he looked down at his hands that were set on the table. They sat in silence for the first few minutes. Neither of them knew how to initiate the conversation even though they both wanted to tell each other so many things. It was just too much to take in, even after a month.

Kaveh decided to take a deep breath, and let out a few words, " Alhaitham, I think I've dec—"

He got immediately cut off by Alhaitham, "I've decided that I'll help you." There was a moment of silence before Alhaitham continued to talk, "Everyone misses you there." I do too. "You have a lot of responsibilities there, and I respect that. You deserve to go back. They need you." But so do I. I miss you, but it's for the best. You deserve everything, my love. I just wish for you to be happy, even if it means losing you once more.

Kaveh sighed, deeply. He was just about to say that he might decide to be staying, that it might have not been worth it to hurt Alhaitham again and go back. However, after hearing what Alhaitham had said, maybe he was right. Maybe it'd be best if Kaveh had just went back to the future. This time, Kaveh really reached his hand out and held Alhaitham's, "I know you care about me and want the best for me. I want to best for you too. I just want you to know I really appreciate you for this, especially knowing how hard this would be for you.." Then his voice was lowered, whispering, until Alhaitham couldn't hear, "..to lose me once again."

"I.." Alhaitham didn't retract his hand nor show signs of being uncomfortable with Kaveh holding his hand, softly, "I'll just need some time.. and some help. This is quite a hard task for me to do, but..." He stopped. He knew what he was going to say next wasn't the best thing to say at a moment like this. "We'll manage, with the help of some other people."

Kaveh, for the first time in a while, let out a smile, almost a giggle. He wanted to tell Alhaitham how much he loved him and how much he just wanted to kiss him, just have him in his arms, just to— no. No, he was married. He'd moved on already. No, he was definitely not still in love with Alhaitham. That was when he finally retracted his hand, and the smile faded. Kaveh cleared his throat and started eating his food. Alhaitham retracted his hand from when it was set in the middle of the table, and also started eating.

—————