AFTERMATH-I

A/N: Hello everyone. So this chapter is just an aftermath, kind of like a filler, so you can just stop reading here if you're too tired lol. Anyways, this is gonna be the (maybe semi)final chapter. I'll continue Us Against Fate after im done with this and while working on it I'll prepare a wlw fic for yall. Might also see a modern AU type fic. Anyways, drop some ships for me to make fics of next 🫠

Also so sorry this was slow I was sick the past couple days.

-----

Alhaitham was working at the office in the Akademiya when he suddenly got a notification from this thing called a phone. Apparently, it was commonly used in the future timeline, and Darius had given one to him.

Darius
Heyyyy we're otw to Sumeru rn! Elias just broke this damn time machine, and we're trying to fix it. Be there in like 20! Wait at ur house btw.

Ah, so the others were going to visit Alhaitham. He had a bit of trouble reading some of the abbreviations, but he managed. Either way, that was fast, considering Alhaitham had just gotten back like a week ago. He decided to pack his stuff up and call it a day. Besides, it was already four. They were probably going to have dinner together and hang out for a while.

Alhaitham got home shortly after, and it had been 15 minutes since the text. He decided he was going to make dinner for the five of them so they could talk over it.

As he was making the food, wearing an apron, he heard a loud noise coming from the living room. Well, Alhaitham would have to get used to that if they were going to keep traveling through time every now and then. "I'm in the kitchen!" He yelled for the four of them to come over.

The four friends walked into the room, and all except Kaveh were in a messy state. It was probably the time machine. They still didn't really know how to properly handle it, so that would be a normal occurrence. Alhaitham sighed and went back to cooking.

"Yo, that thing made me so damn dizzy. Does that usually happen? I've never been in it before." Lorei groaned. She never thought it'd feel so weird.

Kaveh shrugged, taking a seat on one of the stools, "Eh, yeah. I mean, I can't relate, though. I'm a professional time traveler." He joked.

"Yeah, yeah, stop boasting around and help me carry these plates to the dining room." Alhaitham scoffed, turning around with a few plates on his hands.

"Haitham- ugh. Seriously? We haven't seen each other in a week, and you're already giving me attitude?" Kaveh rolled his eyes and stood up, grabbing some of the plates from the counter. "You're still as irritating as ever."

"And you're still as irrational as ever." Alhaitham set his plates down and helped Kaveh arrange his ones, "How are you going to carry three plates and have the smallest one at the bottom? They're going to fall down."

Kaveh was slightly embarrassed. He was a senior, but still needed Alhaitham's assistance in almost everything. It was quite ashaming in a way, "Yeah, whatever. I know what I'm doing."

Then the other three friends just sighed and each picked up one plate that Alhaitham was originally holding. Lorei then started walking out, "You guys need to stop bickering every time you see each other, I swear." Then, the rest followed her, leaving Alhaitham and Kaveh behind.

Alhaitham just slightly shook his head and took some plates and utensils from Kaveh as well, "I can't be trusting you to hold all of this."

Kaveh's brows furrowed. He was definitely very offended, "Hey! You tell me to help you, but when I help you, you complain that I don't know how to do it? Come on, Haitham! I'm not a baby. In fact, I'm literally older than you! I don't need you babysitting me all the time, all right?"

"And I don't need you getting hard every time you see me." Alhaitham turned around and walked towards the dining room, leaving Kaveh in absolute shock with a red ass blush on his face.

Then, after a short while of being completely stunned, Kaveh shouted as he ran after Alhaitham, "Hey! I don't do that!"

-----

"Mm," Darius leaned back on his chair, still munching on his food, "This is really good. Do you usually cook this well?" Alhaitham didn't respond, as he assumed that was just a rhetorical question and a compliment for that matter. "You know, Kaveh has gotten better at cooking. He makes almost the same food you do. Did you teach him this?"

Alhaitham shook his head, "No, not necessarily. It's just that he watches me make it and remembered it I guess. We all know how obsessed he is with me anyway.." He lowered his voice, but seemed very nonchalant.

Kaveh, on the other hand, was not at all nonchalant. His face was burning red and had his brows furrowed, "Hey! I am not. And we all know that. Don't make such rumors about me."

"Well, anyways," Alhaitham turned to face back to the others, "You said something about getting married or something, Lorei?"

Lorei smiled and nodded, "Yeah. So me and Kaveh called off the wedding since we really didn't need the arrangement benefits as the crisis had been solved. And, well, we're not exactly getting married... It's just that me and Darius want to start off slow for now. Plus, we were thinking you two should have a proper—actual wedding, you know what I mean? Since last time... It kind of.. well, didn't work."

Alhaitham rolled his eyes and scoffed. Then he whispered under his breath, but just so that everyone could hear it. "Yeah, of course I have to get married and be stuck with this homewrecker."

Kaveh got even more mad, but not in such a serious way. It was more of... one of their bicker sessions, "Excuse you! I am not a homewrecker. And— who says I'd want to get married to someone like you? I'd be so exhausted if I had to be stuck with you 24/7."

"Mhm." Alhaitham blurted out calmly. He wiped his mouth with a tissue and continued talking, "That's not what you said last week when you saw me travel to the future just to see you. In fact, you were in literal tears."

"Okay, why don't you just shut up?!" Kaveh yelled, obviously not actually mad in a serious sense. He just didn't know what else to say.

The two of them bickered for almost the whole night while the other three were just gossiping among themselves. Despite all of that, they did have a good time and enjoyed themselves.

—————

Part 2 with wedding arrangement??