Gone.

831 words
Content warning:

Jaiden POV:
"What?" I whispered to Roier frozen as tears pooled in my eyes. I felt like I was going to throw up or pass out.
"He's gone Jaiden." Roier said across from me as we stood on his bridge just outside the house. The pit of my stomach churned and I felt like clawing and scratching at myself until the feeling stopped, but instead I just merely fell to the ground, me knees hitting the stone bricks harshly.

I had been pretty busy for the days leading up to Bobby's death so I would occasionally check in, but that day Roier found me just working around and told me he wanted to go for a walk.
"Where's Bobby?" I asked, no response. He looked worse than I had ever seen him. His eyes were bruised and dark from a lack of sleep and his face looked like it was in a black and white photo.
"Roier... where's Bobby?" I repeated as he lead me over the bridge. He couldn't look at me.
"He passed." Roier stopped, turning to me on the bridge but keeping his eyes glued to the ground.

"No, no, no, no. Roier where is he." I said again and Roier looked down to me seeming concerned.
"Jaiden..." he bent down onto one knee and place a hand on my shoulder which I quickly pulled off.
"Where's Bobby?"
"No, no, Jaiden." His eyes filled with pain as he looked at me.

My hands and legs were shaking uncontrollably and my chest felt so tight suppressing everything that I though I might have a heart attack or failure. I pressed my back against the railing on the bridge for support and kept shaking, so much that I couldn't stay upright. I turned to face the railing and wrapped my arms around the poles, bringing my chest in close to it and cling on for dear life as if this pole was the only thing stable in my reality. The bridge, clouds, and Roier spun around me, making me feel sick. I occasionally heard the faint echo of my name being called, but I couldn't do anything but close my eyes, cling to the railing, and wish that everything would go away, wish that I would go away.

Suddenly the railing dissolved in my hands and I fell forward, straight into the stream below. I couldn't comprehend anything until I saw that depthless black space that I would float in. It was a bit of a relief, all the noise was blocked out and my head stopped spinning, but I still felt that horrific feeling in my throat and stomach. I saw Cucurucho and without thinking blurred out.
"Please! Please bring him back, I know you can please!" I begged, my voice was muffled by the water, but I knew he understood. He seemed to looks around wearily,
"Maybe." I heard his robotic voice box sound before letting out a deafeningly high pitched screeching noise. I placed my hands over my ears and wrapped my wings around me as I watched Cucurucho writhing around in the water. It was excruciating to watch his pain at the noise as he began to glitch. After only a few moments the sound stopped and he got back into his same old-fashion posture, shuddering.
"You may have ten minutes with Bobby and Roier before he has to go." Cucurucho said and just like that I was breathing heavily again, not realising I had been deprived of air for the last few moments in the trance.

I felt myself being pulled out of the river, the persons hands burning hot on my shoulder and waist.
"Jaiden?" I heard as they laid me on the grass next to the water, but it wasn't Roier's voice.
"Baghera?" I mumbled, my eyes still adjusting to the sudden brightness.
"Yes, it's okay Jaiden." She said, looking down to me.
"Jaiden!" Roier took my hand kneeling next to me again on the other side to Baghera. "Jaiden, I am so sor-" before he could finish I wrapped my arms and wings around him tightly as he stroked lines and circles in my back. I pressed my face into his chest more, wanting to disappear as I felt his shirt become wet with my tears.

Bobby, gone. He was my whole world. It was him and Roier and nothing else, but now that he's gone Roier will probably go too, Bobby was the only thing keeping us close, and now I've probably lost them both.

"It's okay..." he whispered as I sobbed. He held me in close to him to stop me from falling over as I had no control over anything. My head felt like a mess and so did everything else. Suddenly, despite me being drenched in water, I felt hot. Muggy and hot. Before I could think I had pushed myself away from Roier and hunched over as I gagged, eventually vomiting up water.