The journey there

3016 words
Content warning: Child death, descriptive gore, hallucinations, schizophrenia,

Jaiden POV:
"Jaiden! Wake up!" I felt Roier shaking me by the shoulders as I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.
"Huh?" I mumbled as he took me by the wrist and helped me out of his bed, wrapping his other hand around my back to keep me steady.
"We have to go, here are some spare pants you had here, and I couldn't find a shirt so you can borrow one of mine." he placed the clothes in my hand and began to walk out before I stopped him.
"Roier stop!" I said, a little agitated. "What's going on?" he looked down into my eyes and i noticed his panicky expression and shaky breathing.
"Uhm, well... Cucurucho said for us to gather all our friends, and uh, I don't really know, nobody does."
"What? Who?" I questioned.
"Like everyone." He spoke.
"Okay, but that still doesn't explain what's going on? What's happening? where's Bobby?" my head started spinning in confusion.
"What?" He looked at me worried.
"What? did I say something wrong?" I stepped back.
"Jaiden, don't you remember?"
"Remember what?"
"Bobby's gone Jaiden, were doing this because of what Cucurucho said to you yesterday and what he told me today. We could get him back." Roier said hopefully.
"Oh." I said, beginning to remember all of the events of the day before.
"I'm sorry Jaiden, we can talk on our way there, okay?" he left the room, gently closing the door.

I quickly got changed out of my still-damp clothes into the black tracksuit pants and shirt that Roier handed to me. The shirt felt massive on me, but it was nice, it engulfed me like a warm hug. I slipped on my boots and stepped outside to find Roier talking to Bad and Cellbit.

"You okay?" Roier asked as the four of us walked around the side of the house to near the crops and castle.
"Yeah." I spoke.
"So basically, Cucurucho said to get all of our friends in one spot, and so I just told everyone to meet up around here." Roier explained to all of us.
"Jaiden, I'm so sorry." Cellbit said, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"It's alright, all good things must come to an end eventually." I said giving him a reassuring smile.
"Ah hi!" Maximus came running toward us.
"Hi!" We all replied.
Soon we had Cellbit, Bad, Max, Forever, Pac, Mike, Etoiles, Roier, Baghera, and I all spaced out around our small field.

I noticed a teal coloured flower that I hadn't ever seen before growing just next to where I was standing. It was small and fragile, but it's petals so full with colour I almost thought it was glowing. I carefully pulled it from the ground and examined it, bringing it close to my face. It reminded me of Bobby. I carefully placed it in a small pocket in my backpack before walking back over to a group of people talking.
"So do we know what we are going to do? Do you think we should say something or are we just waiting?" Cellbit asked.
"Uh I dont know i was just told to come over here." Bad said.
"I'm not sure, Cucurucho just told us to gather all of our friends and now we're waiting i guess." I replied.
*crack* I flinched at the huge bolt of lightning that whipped through the sky just next to where we were standing and found Roier leap to my side. Everyone just stood in confusion and awe for a few seconds, knowing that it wasn't just nature that caused the very sudden change in weather.

Just moments later Cellbit spotted Cucurucho perched in a spindly old tree with majestic purple leaves beside our castle.
"Good morning." His voice box spoke, sounding slightly muffled and glitched.
"You have lots of friends, but something is missing." He had written on a piece of paper and passed it to Roier - this is what he did when he wanted to talk about things outside of his prerecorded voice box's lines.
"Yes! Si! Bobby, Bobby is missing." I stepped forward to talk to Cucurucho, whilst everyone basically surrounded us.
"To see him there is a price to pay." He handed another note to Roier to read aloud.
"Anything." Roier replied and I could see the pain in his eyes.
"You have to go someplace."
"Where? Where?" Roier asked.
"No, Guapito don't go, you know what happened to Felps." Cellbit pulled on Roier's arm to face him, but Roier just ignored him, keeping all his focus on Cucurucho.
"Where did Bobby die? You may find answers there."
"Fuck." Roier muttered.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Nothing, it's just pretty far."
"That's okay."
"Well we're coming with you guys." Max chimed in followed by a communal agreement.