Trouble - Day 10

Trigger warnings for this chapter! Yelling, Arguing, Cursing, and smoking

Song for this chapter - Sweet Hibiscus Tea by Penelope Scott

Enjoy 💚

Third person

Jake was fuming with anger at his youngest son. He saw in the cameras of their house, him and a friend walking out of the house, smoke escaped his son's lips. Neytiri was upset as well, mostly about the smoking not the sneaking out part. She knew who the boy was but she knew that if Jake knew who it was, He would ban Lo'ak from seeing him. She didn't want that, so she wouldn't say anything about the other boy.

"Lo'ak te Suli Tsyeyk'itan! Get your ass down here now!" Jake yells out so they can hear him from upstairs.

Lo'ak tenses up as he is awoken to his father yelling his name. Kiri is ready awake and sitting on the ground of Neteym's room. She's reading a book called "Solitare". "What did you do now, Lo?" Kiri asks as she looks up at Lo'ak. Lo'ak shrugs and sits up, Tuk's legs across his lap. He gently puts her legs on his bed before he gets up and leaves the room. He walks down stairs nervously, taking deep breaths while he walks. He sees his father on his laptop at the Kitchen table, his mother is there as well. "Yes, Sir? Did you need something?" He asks with as much confidence as he possibly could. "Sit down." His mother orders him as she glares daggers into him. He immediately sits down at a chair and looks his father in the eyes. Without saying a word Jake turns the laptop around and hits play on the video. It shows Lo'ak and Rotxo walking down the driveway and down the road late at night. Then coming back even later. Also, you can see smoke coming from Lo'aks lips. Lo'ak curses under his breath knowing that he's fucked.

"Lo'ak, what the hell is this?" Jake says angrily
"Sir, I'm sorry. I made a memorial painting for Kerrissa and Mona!" Lo'ak tries to save himself. Hopefully, the memorial bit will save him from getting into to much trouble. "You do realize graffitiing a building is illegal, right?!" Neytiri says as she glared into her sons eyes. "I know but the shop owner saw us! He waved and he didn't even care!" Lo'ak complains, still trying to save himself from any severe consequences. "What about the smoke! Lo'ak te Suli Tsyeyk'itan, we do NOT tolerate smoking in this household! Do you realize how dangerous this is for you? It can cause long term issues!" Neytiri says worriedly but also still very angry. She has spent many a nights reading articles and news about smoking/vaping in teens. "I know. I'm sorry, iya." (If I'm CORRECT 'iya' means mom in Yoruba.) Lo'ak looks down at his lap shamefully.

"Go get them. Give them to me, we're getting rid of them now!" Jake demands as he closes the laptop. He points for Lo'ak to go upstairs. Lo'ak gets up and walks upstairs to his room. He grabs the multiple vape pens from his hiding spots. He keeps one though, praying that he won't get caught with that one.

"You're grounded for two months. You can only hang out with friends if Neteyam is with you OR it's for school. You will tell us where you are at all times!" Jake says sternly. He grabs the vape pens from the table and throughs them into the garbage can. Lo'ak goes to his room and sits at his desk. He doesn't know what to do but he decides to actually do his homework.

A couple hours later

It's dinner time. Neytiri made one of Tuk's favorite dishes, Jambalaya. Dinner is eaten in an awkward silence. Tuk is finished first and she excuses herself from the dinner table, she has some Chinese homework to do.

The silence is broken by Neteyam talking to Kiri about their English class. Lo'ak stays silent though, he feels like he shouldn't say anything right now.

The evening went by slowly. Neytiri and Jake doing some work in their office. Neteyam played with their pet ferret. Kiri is reading in her room while listening to laufey. Tuk and Lo'ak doing their homework.

What an eventful but uneventful day.

Word count: 777
OH MY LORD! I've finally written another chapter for this story! And 13 minutes before I expected to finish this chapter! I'm so sorry for leaving you guys like in the dust for so long. But don't worry. I'm uploading weekly now (hopefully). I hope you enjoyed this short simply chapter! I'll see you later lovelies! - Zion