Character profile: Lo'ak

TRIGGER WARNINGS!! MENTIONS OF VAPING AND SA!!

Full name: Lo'ak te Suli Tsyeyk'itan

Pronouns: He/Him

Age: 15

Ethnicity: Half Nigerian + Half American

Height: 6'0

Sexuality: Bisexual, He does have a preference for girls but wouldn't mind dating a dude.

Year: 10th Grade, almost didn't make it through middle school.

Favorite color: Navy Blue

Favorite song: Bitch, Don't kill my vibe - Kendrick Lamar

He has a very expensive style. He'll run Jake's bank account down so much. He wears Jordan's everyday and cleans them every day after school. He usually wear sweats or baggy khakis. Pair it with a plan colored shirt or hoodie. Wears the same jewelry everyday. The same three beads. He doesn't have a specific reason for the beads but just likes them!

Lo'ak got his nose pierced when he was 13. Neytiri didn't mind but she still didn't like the fact he did it behind their back but Jake kinda freaked. They don't mind it now. Neytiri liked the fact he asked to get his ears pierced. Jake didn't care since Neteyam already had more than 3 piercings and Tuk and Kiri already had their ears pierced.

Neytiri doesn't like how Lo'ak has a fade on the side of his head. He does it cause he tried to have a full head of braids. But It got to hot and made him feel uncomfortable so he got a fade on the sides.

Lo'ak loves his family dearly! He would do anything for all of them. He sees Neteyam almost as a father figure. His dad makes him feel kinda crappy sometimes and he thinks about that a lot.

Before Lo'ak went into high school, Neytiri had scheduled a doctor's appointment. The doctor diagnosed him with ADHD. The doctor gave him medication. The doctor said he's probably had it since he was a kid. It got worse and worse over the years. They never did a test for it at that time. So he has a new schedule of taking his meds every morning before leaving for anywhere.

He has anger issues that don't exactly affect anyone around him, per se. He just gets into trouble due to not being able to control his temper. He lashes out on people and gets in a lot of fights.

He always has had a hard time in school. He's getting better at it. Neteyam has been helping him out with school work.

He loves playing basketball. He's been playing with Jake since he was a kid. That's his most favorite thing ever. That's one of the only times him and Jake bond without arguing.

He likes to spend his time with Neteyam and kiri and Tuk. They watch movies, do skincare (kiri forces them), play super smash bros all night, and do anything they can together.

People think Tuk and him have a bad-ish sibling relationship. In reality they don't, He loves Tuk a lot. They just tease each other a lot and it makes them seem like they don't like each other.

!!SA WARNING!! PLEASE DONT READ IF YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE !!
When Lo'ak was 9 he was hanging out with some of his friends after school at the park. His friends had left to get ice cream. He was alone when a woman came up to him. She was nice. After a good 10 minutes she started to become touchy. He felt uncomfortable so he started to move farther away from her. She touched him. He didn't understand this at the time. She just said goodbye and left him to be. His friends were walking back to him but he ran home. He hated it. He felt dirty. When he got home he started to cry at the door. Neteyam immediately noticed and checked on his brother. He called their parents and they came rushing towards them. Lo'ak told them what had happened. Jake was furious. Neytiri called the police immediately. They made a report but nothing happened unfortunately. Since then he has felt uncomfortable with strangers touching him. Even if it's the smallest and quickest hug. He hates it. He didn't even like Neteyam touching him for a year. The thought of anything more then a heavy make out session makes him nervous. He feels physically sick.
!!END!!

Vaping has been a way of relaxing for him since he was 13. He's always saying he can quit whenever he wants but he never does. Neytiri and Jake have no idea about it. His siblings know and don't like the fact he does it. But they can't get him to stop even though they've tried so many times. He doesn't plan on stopping anytime soon.

He's a happy kid! Just sometimes he has his struggles.