Ch 5

(Leo's Pov)

Following Vance inside his apartment I'm immediately hit with the scent of another alpha it a strong scent of pine. My inner wolf immediately starts to growl in anger I managing to calm myself down before Vance comes back in. Figuring this other alpha is probably Daehyun's father I make a split decision to keep my distance emotionally not wanting to break up a family despite Vance being my mate. Ignoring my wolfs angry protests I wrinkle my nose as Vance comes back into the room stopping at my side he apologizing for the apartment being a mess but I assure him it's fine before dismissing myself and I practically run from the apartment heading back to the dorms feeling completely empty and miserable feeling tears start to form. Once I reach the dorm I slip off my shoes before going to head to my room but I'm immediately stopped by N and the others. "Hey how'd it go with your mate?" I pause before turning to them feeling like my heart is broken. "He has another alpha. I'm pretty sure it's Daehyun's father so I decided I'll keep my distance emotionally from Vance but I promised him before I noticed he was taken that I'd babysit Daehyun." The four members look at each other before Ken speaks up with a frown. "But he's your mate. Mates trump regular relationships." I immediately give Ken a glower. "I'm not going to ruin a family just to get my way. I'll just deal with being a friend." Before they can say anything I head straight to my room where I grab some clothes then head to the bathroom setting my clothes safely aside then hop into the shower trying to will myself to relax. Once I'm clean I get out and dry off before getting dressed and head back to my room where I climb into bed and curl up into a ball before I feel tears start to stream down my face my wolf howling from loneliness.

(The next morning)

Climbing out of bed before my alarm can even go off I go to my closet having not gotten any sleep last night. I sigh before grabbing an outfit then head to the bathroom changing and brush my teeth and hair. Once I'm finished I head to the coffee shop across the street before heading back to the dorm. We then get into the van where we drive to the entertainment company I silently getting out and head upstairs with the others where I see Vance waiting in the hall with Daehyun clutching onto his hand. I put on a smile as I approach them ignoring my members passing by. "Good morning." Daehyun cheerfully wishes me a good morning back and Vance gives me a little smile. "Morning. Thanks again for watching Daehyun for me. I packed him some extra clothes, snacks, juice and a few of his toys. I also put in a list of his allergies. Oh and if possible can you get him to nap for an hour? Otherwise he gets cranky and fussy." I give a little reassuring smile. "You don't need to keep thanking me. And I'll definitely make sure he gets a nap." Vance smiles at me thankfully my heart aching as he kisses Daehyun's cheek before bowing to me and runs off after handing me the bag. I look down at Daehyun and lead him inside the practice room I setting his things beside mine then lead him to the other members they all greeting him the little boy giving a cheerful "hi."