Chapter 4

ch. 4

Later that day at Rachel's house

<Grace's POV>

"Erghhh, Rachel. I told you, just wear one of your t shirts and jeans or something! You only have 100 with Katy or Katy references on them!"

We were going into our second hour on picking out Rachel's concert outfit. I had picked out mine in less than thirty minutes. Dark washed skinnies, a flowy t shirt with a cat face on the front, and my black Toms. Simple, but cute. Rachel on the other hand was clearly overwhelmed.

"I have an idea! Why don't I pick out three options and you pick your favorite?"

"Umm... Yeah! Okay. I'll go get us a drink while you decide."

She came back five minutes later with two bottles of water and some candy, meanwhile I had picked out 3 outfits I knew she'd love. "Alright, lemme see them!" I held up the first outfit, "Meh, next", the second, "I like. But next," the third, "OHEMGEE. YES!" She jumped on top of me and squeezed the air out of my lungs. "Urgh. Rach. Get off!" "Okay okay! Sorry. It's just this is perfect!"

I smiled triumphantly; her black skinnies, red flats and red dress shirt were perfect and contrasted marvelously against her black hair and tan skin. "You're a Goddess." "I know", I said with a wink. My phone started vibrating:

iMessage: Mom

Time to head home, going out to

dinner at 7

It was 6. "Rach, I gotta go. Love you! I'll pick you up at 5 day after tomorrow kay?" "Eeeek! Okay, have fun at dinner!"

-------

"Did you guys pick out your outfits?" My parents and I were at one of the nicer restaurants down on Hollywood boulevard for dinner, it had some weird French name I had never been able to pronounce correctly. If I tried it sounded like I was choking on my own spit...

"Yup! We're all set and ready to go. I'm actually getting really excited and of course Rachel is over the moon. But I think she's nervous too, she doesn't want to embarass herself. Ha-ha." "Aww how swee-"

My mom was suddenly cut off due to some commotion that had just started at the front of the restaurant. For some reason there was a bunch of security and paparazzi at the entrance. Security guys kept yelling, "Back away, please, excuse us. Let the lady through guys, come on!" Finally it died down and whoever this important person was made it in, that was when I turned around to take a sip of my lemonade and focus on my dinner.

I looked up at my parents who were still looking rowards the entrance, their eyes practically popping out of their heads. "Geez, guys. Stare a little harder would you?"

Turning back around to see who it was, I almost spit out my pasta when I saw the familiar face that my best friend had worshipped for the past 4 years...