Mommy dearest.

Returning home, I found my room trashed. It seemed that John Gilbert had been searching for the device. My phone had been ringing non-stop, and I saw missed calls from Stefan, Damon, and Elena.

I called Elena back. "Hey, Libby, why the 13 missed calls?"

"Cassandra, please come to the school," she said, her voice serious.

Worried by her unusual use of my full name, I replied, "Okay, sweetie, I'll be right there."

At the school, I found Stefan, Elena, Damon, and Alaric all looking very serious.

"Holy crap, who died?" I asked as I approached them in the classroom.

Damon responded, "No one yet."

I asked, "Okay, what the hell is going on?"

Alaric spoke up, sounding tired and sad, "I saw Isobel last night."

Concerned, I walked towards him. "Are you okay? How are you dealing with seeing her again?"

He scoffed. "You know, you're the first one to ask me that."

I glanced at Damon, irritated by his insensitivity. "Oh, I am sorry I didn't realize I am supposed to care if you froze upon seeing your wife," Damon remarked sarcastically.

I looked at Stefan, seeking an explanation for Damon's behavior. "Was he dropped on his head as a baby, or was he swapped with another?" I genuinely wanted to know.

Stefan shook his head, equally exasperated. "I've been asking that question since forever."

I questioned Elena, "So what did she want?"

"To see us," Elena answered.

I scoffed, still skeptical. "Why? I mean, isn't she the same person that mind-controlled someone to kill themselves after telling us she doesn't want to know or see us? Cassandra Pretending not to know why she wants to meet us

"Yeah, see, I have better things to do, so no," I refused.

Alaric interjected, "It's not that simple."

Rolling my eyes at them, I made an educated guess. "Wait, don't tell me useless number 2 threatened to go on a killing spree if you don't do as she said?"