XXIII.

Chapter 23

My mind and eyesight must be fucking with me. Why is he here? Isn't he supposed to be on tour? This can't be, at least not now. I composed myself after my mini internal panic attack and looked at my mother with questioning eyes. She seemed nervous and slightly shrugged at me. He took the gesture as his turn to speak up once again,

"I was in town and I wanted to see you. I hope I'm not intruding?" He asked with a smoldered expression. He stared at me patiently waiting for a response, yet I couldn't form a single coherent sentence as my mind was still processing the fact that he was here.

"Of course not Harry, please take a seat," I made my way to the available seat next to him. Before I could sit, a pair of arms were wrapped around my shoulders, I was engulfed in a deep embrace. God, I missed his scent. I thought as a slightly buried my face in to his shoulder blade. Shit! Quickly realizing what I was doing, I pushed him away gently and gave him a tight lipped smile. "How have you been?" I started off.

He sat back and his eyes never left mine. He told me the most wonderful stories of him on tour. How brilliant the fans were and how each and every one of them held a special place in their hearts.

"Sometimes, they are ruthless!" He exclaimed, "it's scary how crazy they get. But deep down I know they mean well." He continued talking about his tour life and his band mates. The places he's seen were beyond incredible, "I can't wait to take you love." I stared at him as realization dawned his face.

"I..I..well, um. I seem to forget, I'm terribly sorry." His eyes seemed rather hurt.

"Don't worry about it Harry." It's so hard pretending not to love you. There was a pregnant pause between us. To say it was awkward was sugar coating it.

"Tell me about the baby. Is she yours?" There's was something in his eyes that hoped maybe she wasn't. My mother hasn't told him. I let out discrete a sigh of relief.

What should I say? That she is my baby sister? How stupid. She's some baby I babysit? That's degrading my child! I know. "Yes, she's mine." I tried to sound as confident as I could.

"She's absolutely beautiful, like her mother." His tone was sad, his face fell slightly as he tried to cover it up. "How old is she?" He asked. Shit! I didn't think it through this far! He left what, two years ago? I can't say she's two, he'll know.

"She's turning two in a couple months." Great, idiot. He stayed quiet as if he were going through a internal debate with himself.

"I left around two years ago, Layla is she.." I didn't let him finish the sentence. He can't find out.

"No, she isn't. Caleb is her father, the man from the charity event. We've been together for a while. After you left, I was beyond lonely Harry. I missed you and I couldn't take it." I seem like a bitch right now. I lifted my face to look at him. His head was facing the ground as his hands were latched on to each other.

"I see," he started out, "I'm glad you found happiness Layla. I really do. I'm just saddened that it isn't with me anymore. I would still like to be apart of your life if you'd let me. I still love you, that hasn't changed. I don't think it will for a while."

I took a deep breath in, "I'd be sad if you weren't part of it Harry."

And I still love you.

Authors note:
Before you all strangle me, I know this chapter is super short. Think of it as a filler. I know, "Great another 'filler' " Yes, but it all gets juicy from here folks. I'm sorry I haven't updated, College is hard. So fucking hard I want to pull my hair out, drop out and become a stripper. But, I have morals to maintain and a degree to catch. I'll try updating again soon! This isn't the last of Hayla!

Andy x aka, ForeverYoung19.

P.s,
I love you guys for the words of encouragement and your inbox messages! Love you lots! xo