XIV.

Copyright © Andrea / ImForeverYoung19

Recap:

With my legs spread out and the sweat beading down my face I pushed every 3 minutes and had safely brought her here healthy and crying. She was beautiful. My beautiful baby.

Darcy Sophie Styles.

(Read authors note at the end please)

It had been 2 months after my daughter Darcy was born. I enjoy every second with I'm with her. I started school which is hard because I'm worried about my baby. And let me say, she looks like her father with every single day that goes by. I've seen harry in interviews and his new appearance left me awestruck.

She has his curly brown locks, and his mesmerizing green eyes. She had my nose and my lips. She was the perfect combination of both of us. After school had ended, I went straight to work at the bakery harry and I once worked together. As I walked in the cinnamon filled atmosphere, I was welcomed by barbara. The sweet old lady who has worked at this bakery for over 35 years.

"Hello Darlin' look at you still young and beautiful, hows miss Darcy?"

"Hello Barbara! Darcy is mighty fine thankyou for asking. How are the grandchildren?"

"Oh my grand-babies are wonderful Layla. Have you heard of my dear old harry yet?"

The question upset me because it makes me think about how Darcy wont ever know her real father and how her real father wont know she's his daughter. Barbara knows about Darcy and Harry but she can't help but have a little hope.

" No barbara, haven't heard from him since I've last talked to him."

"Oh." she said quietly "I still think you should tell him about Darcy girl! You don't know how happy you'll make em'."

"Now you know I can't do that miss Barbara." I said on the verge of tears.

"But girl you mu-" she started saying before she was cut of by Lucy and Gale as they walked in.

Gale smiled and had said hello while as lucy had ran and hugged me. "Where have you been! I've missed you like crazy!"

Lucy was a girl my age. She had quit school to help her mum around with money. As for Gale she was quite a conservative 45 year old. She was a lovely lady but she kept to herself most of the time. And Barbara, she was a loud happy and very cheerful 58 year old.

"I was just here last week Lucy." I said to her.

"Yeah but was I here? No. I was just told today that you'd be back on your first day of work and I heard it from little miss nosey rosey here." She sneered as she directed a head bob towards Barbara.

"Lucy." Was all I said and sighed. I sure did miss her. Note the sarcasm.

"Layla." she mocked back.

" you're impossible."

"Yeah well I know. Tough luck. Have you heard from Harold? I want to talk to him because I seen one direction on tv last week and let me tell you, I want me some of the payne in my game, if you catch my drift" she said winking. " That Liam is quite the looker and has such nice biceps. Can you put in a good word for ya old mate? huh can ya?" she asked rather hopefully. But this is the part where I squash her dreams into tiny pieces.

"Lucy, I haven't spoken to harry and I never will. Plus, the payne in your game? go back to work that's rather revolting."

"Um, you are not one to talk my dear old amiga. Mr. Harold worked here as a baker and looks like he put a bun in your oven so what I say isn't as close to re-"