Chapter 11

Molly looked at the child in surprise, the atmosphere suddenly tense after the swear word had come out. Livia was looking very cross, and all she wanted to do was to defuse the situation.

"It's nothing dear," she said kindly, her eyes crinkling while she smiled, "why are you so upset?"

Georgie bit his lip, looking over at his own parents, hesitating a bit before answering.

"They said that magic people go to a boarding school," he said, feeling small with all the attention on him, "and I don't want to go. I want to go to high school with Sarah and Liam and Mary,"

"I guess we can look into other options," Dudley said easily enough and Livia looked a bit disappointed. She had grown up hearing second hand tales of the amazing magic school that was Hogwarts, and she had looked forward for her son to discover the wonder of it, something she never could.

"We can?" Georgie asked and both his parents nodded. The other children had sounded so sure when they said that he would have to go to Hogwarts, saying that it was the only option.

"Of course sweetie. Do you know any alternatives to Hogwarts?" Livia said, aiming her attention to the grown ups at the table.

"I never heard of an alternative before," Roderick said, not completely familiar with the magical world, "did all you children go to Hogwarts?"

"Yes, and we went as well," Arthur said, nodding at Roderick's question, "There are other options though. But they're boarding schools as well,"

"There are no normal day schools?" Dudley asked surprised, "are all parents happy to send their children off to boarding school?"

"Well, it's easier. Children developing their magic is quite straining on the environment. There are a lot of protection spells needed to make the place safe, and that kind of magic had an impact on its environment, so the schools are all quite far from muggle places," Arthur explained.

"I didn't know that," Harry said, looking at his father in law with curiosity, "and diagon alley then? That's right in muggle London?"

"It's got different spells, not the same protective layers as in Hogwarts. The children's magic is vulnerable, and it's preferred to keep them in a magically stable environment,"

Dudley was looking almost pained at the explanation, not understanding half of it. He saw Harry nod at it though and his wife looked as if she understood as well.

"So, he can't go to magic school then?" Dudley asked, "I mean, if they're all boarding schools then he won't go. Unless Georgie changes his mind by then,"

"I won't," Georgie chimed up.

The wizards and witches looked at each other.

"There is no law against him not going," Ron said. Ever since Hermione got interested in politics, she had been revising the wizarding laws, going over them and you couldn't life with Hermione without picking up the information.

"Good," Dudley said, "can we hire a tutor then?"

"Well, there is The Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery that prohibits magic outside of school," Ron said, making his parents look at him in surprise. Normally it was his wife that spouted out knowledge.

"So, you are saying that he can only learn magic at boarding school," Dudley asked, wanting to make sure he understood the situation correctly.

"That's the law,"

"And any loopholes? I mean a tutor is kind off like school," Livia asked.

"You know, Hogwarts is a very nice place to go too," Harry said, aiming his words at Georgie. His children nodded at the words, having heard stories about it his whole life. Dudley looked sceptical, his son's expression almost a carbon copy.

"I don't know Harry," Dudley said, "you didn't seem happy then,"

"That's because I lived with your parents," he deadpanned and Dudley flushed.

"I know that they were bad Harry, but I still remember you shouting out those names in your nightmares, what was it again? Frederick, Hendrick?"

Harry paled a bit, knowing what Dudley had meant.

"Cedric. His name was Cedric," Harry said, feeling his throat tighten when the memories of that time reappeared.

"Yeah, and I know it was probably a better place then living with us back then, but Georgie is happy living with me and Livia. He doesn't want to miss us,"

"You know what, I'll ask Hermione to look into it," Ron interrupted the conversation, having noticed Harry's sad mood, and knowing his friend always got a bit depressed when Cedric was mentioned. He saw it as a failure on his part for not being able to safe him, for coming out alive when the Hufflepuff didn't.

"Thanks. There must be more people who didn't want to send their kids to boarding school then just us," Dudley continued, "and I think it's important for Georgie to learn about this as well,"

The conversation shifted a bit, Dudley asking Harry about his children and Harry returning the favour. It felt weird to have a civil conversation with what was essentially his bully. It seemed weird that the man had grown up being reasonable.

"That woman is here again," Edith said, holding up her camera to take a picture of Marge trying to look through to windows. Her husband went to stand by her side, also looking through the window, hiding behind the curtains so they wouldn't be seen.

Marge was now trying to see if the door would budge.

"I'm calling the cops," Michael said, annoyed at the audacity of that person, "I'm telling them I'm afraid she'll break in,"

The police soon came and took a protesting Marge with them, Edith gleefully taking another picture. She hoped that her neighbours would return soon to hopefully clear it up as soon as possible. She couldn't imagine anything the woman said could be true, especially not about her neighbours, whose children always came over to play with theirs, always smiling and happy.

Petunia looked out the window to the garden. She had been feeling down ever since that conversation with Dudley. It had hurt her more than she would admit that her son had cut ties with them. Another thing magic had ruined in her life.

Vernon had been quite morose as well since then, often short and not feeling like doing much. They had contacted Marge to discuss their problem, and she said that she just knew how to solve it, going to talk with Dudley.

She had told them that she had made a little progress, but that it would take a few more days before she could bring them back in contact with their grandchildren.

Petunia nearly dropped the plate she had been drying when the phone rang, picking it up.

"Dursley residence,"

"Good day. I'm from the police department, we're searching for the relatives of Marge Dursley?" a male voice came from the other side of the line.

"We are her relatives. Did something happen to her?" she asked worried. She wasn't that fond of the woman, but she knew her husband liked his overly dominant sister.

"She was caught trying to break in your son's house," he said,

"Break in?" Petunia asked in shock at the news.

"Yes. She tried to force her entry when the occupant is currently away,"

"This must be a misunderstanding. Marge was just going to talk to Dudley. Isn't he there with you?"

"Dudley Dursley isn't home. We've been searching him since he has been accused of child abuse,"

"Child abuse?" Petunia said faintly, sitting down on a nearby chair before she fell down,

"Yes. The accusation was done by Marge Dursley, the person that tried to break in," the man at the other end sounded a bit put out by the situation, "you know, it would be helpful if you could reach your son and that he comers in. That way we can clear out the situation,"

"Yes sir, I'll try to call him. I'll send my husband over to get Marge. I'm quite sure she wasn't trying to break in," she said, and the conversation ended after that.

She dialled Dudley's number immediately after, hoping to reach him on his cell, but she was immediately send to voicemail, her anxiety rising.