Chapter 13

"What's wrong Harry?" Dudley asked, looking slightly worried when he saw his son smile and talk to a surprised looking Harry.

Harry ignored him for a moment, getting down on his knees to look the child in the eye. He smiled a little, trying to come over as reassuring and not too scary.

'Is it a secret language?' he asked and Freddy nodded.

'It is. How did you get it?' he asked, Dudley looking weirded out when he noticed that his cousin was hissing as well, and seemingly having a conversation.

'I don't know. I always could talk like this. Did you ever talk to snakes?' Harry asked and Freddy nodded.

'One of my friends has a pet snake,'

"Harry, Freddy, what's going on?" Dudley asked again, haven gotten up as well, and looking weirded out, ready to whisk Freddy away if he thought that it was unsafe.

"It seems that Freddy is magic too," Harry said, smiling, "he can speak parseltongue,"

"Parseltongue?" Dudley asked, frowning at the word, but Harry was already thinking further ahead.

"I just wonder how he could,"

"But you speak it as well," Dudley said, "probably comes from our side of the family,"

"I guess," Harry said reluctantly, always having been told that it was because of Voldemort that he could speak with snakes. He

Ginny was coming to join them outside, probably worried about what was taking them so long or scared that the two cousins would start fighting because of something in their past.

"Harry, is everything alright here?" she asked, looking at the man and the child that was looking curiously at the them.

"Yeah, I guess," he said, "guess what, it seems that Freddy here is also a parseltongue," Harry said, his smile a bit strained, but good enough to not let Dudley and Freddy seem suspicious. Ginny's eyebrows rose to her hairline, not having expected that at all.

"A parseltongue? Are you sure?" she asked, unable to contain her surprise. Dudley frowned at the reaction.

"A parseltongue?" Livia asked, staring at her son in surprise, "but those are rare,"

"But Harry is one as well," Dudley stated, "it's probably because of genetics and stuff,"

"Genetics?" Harry asked, looking confused at Dudley.

"Yeah, genetics. Didn't you get biology in school. It's got to do with family traits. A rare trait can still run common in families and you know," Dudley said helplessly. He had barely paid attention in school, not having been very scholastic, and now it had been years since he had tried to study biology he found that he had forgotten quite a bit already.

"But how?" Harry said, "I mean except mom, all the rest were muggles," Harry said, "and magic doesn't always work logically,"

"Perhaps we can ask mom and dad," Ginny said.

"Did I do something wrong?" Freddy asked Livia, having wandered over to his mum when the grownups started to look a bit too serious for his liking.

"No, everything is fine sweety. Why don't you go play a bit more," she said, and Freddy nodded, going over to where Georgie was.

They soon joined the Weasley grandparents, who were equally surprised when they heard about Freddy's abilities.

"Perhaps there had been a witch or wizard in the family before her?" Molly said, looking hesitant, "or a squib or something? They often went into the muggle world. Some never really stay in touch with their families,