Chapter 20

Harry could only stare at the letter in his hands. His mother was a parseltongue, just like him? The knowledge shocked him. Even though he had never looked at the ability negatively, he had always thought that it was his connection with Voldemort that had given him the ability.

The knowledge that it was from his mom made him feel just a bit more connected to her. Another thing they shared, expect for his green eyes.

And it did explain why Freddy could speak parseltongue. It must have been something in their blood that caused it to manifest when there was magic in their line.

Folding the letter, he put it back in the box, and spend a few more minutes going through the rest of the items, thankful to his cousin that he had saved this stuff for him. The doorbell rang, and Livia entered the living room to tell him the pizzas were ready.

"You think you can eat something?" the woman asked him, full of sympathy.

"Yes," Harry said, closing the box and standing up, "yes, I think I can".

Sitting at the table with his cousin and his family still had something surreal to Harry, and it surprised him to actually have fun.

"You know, I don't think I ever had pizza before," Harry said, taking a slice.

"What are you talking about, we regularly got pizza back when we were young," Dudley said, taking another slice and taking a big bite out of it.

"Well, I did get the leftover, but you didn't exactly leave a lot over," Harry said, looking at the big man, who frowned, trying to look back at his memories. Guiltily, he put the slice back down.

"I'm sorry," Dudley said, but Harry waved it away, in too good of a mood to think about his bad childhood.

"It's fine. All behind us," Harry said, thinking about going to a muggle place with his children one of these days.

To be honest, just living in the wizarding world did make him miss some things like pizza or Chinese take away, which was something he had often yearned for as a child.

"I found a letter from my mom," Harry said, and Dudley looked up in interest. Harry could clearly see that the man was hesitating asking about it, or not.

"You did?" he went for in the end, hoping that he wouldn't put his foot in his mouth again.

"Yeah. My mom apparently could talk to snakes," Harry said.

"Like me," Freddy piped up, a big smile on his face, which was smeared with tomato sauce from the pizza.

"Yeah, like you," Harry said with a smile.

"But why can't I?" Georgie asked, looking curiously at his cousin, who shrugged.

"I don't know. Perhaps it's like genetics, and that some of my kids are redheads and some have my hair colour," Harry said, knowing that none of his kids shared this gift.

"It sounds valid," Livia said, giving Freddy a napkin.

"You know Dudley, do you want to keep contact? I mean, after the whole thing with your aunt clears up?" Harry asked, "my kids would do well to learn more about the muggle world, and yours can learn more about the wizarding world.

"You know Harry, that sounds like a wonderful idea," Dudley answered.

In the end, Dudley's parents did call in the weekend, asking for his forgiveness, wanting to have another connection with their grandchildren.

Together with Livia, they decided that they would consider supervised visits if they helped their case against Aunt Marge. It was difficult for Vernon to fight back against his sister, but Petunia had no real love for the woman and managed to urge her husband.

Magic still was a taboo subject in the household, and the relationship between the grandparents and Dudley's children never truly became what it was before.

Thanks to Roger Davis, they did manage to counter sue Marge, getting a restraining order, and she was stripped from several powerful positions, her reputation worsening. Even better was when she wasn't allowed to handle animals anymore, her license revoked thanks to a few videos found of her ordering her dogs to attack people.

A monetary fine and several hours of community service were ordered as well, but the woman avoided any prison time.

Harry and Dudley did keep in contact, one time having a visit in the muggle world and then a time in the magic world, making all children familiar with both worlds.

And when it was time for Hogwarts, George opted to go to a muggle school, getting evening classes in magic to learn the basics throughout a special test program organized by the Ministry of Magic, Hermione spearheading the project, which a lot of muggle borns were interested in.

Freddy tried to go Hogwarts when it was his time, eager and full of wonder, but by after the Christmas holidays he begged his parents to not go anymore.

"Why Freddy?" Dudley asked, his younger son always having been enthusiastic about the magic school Harry always talked about and was so fond about.

"No video games, no Pokémon, no TV. It's like going back to the Middle Ages," the child said in horror, "please daddy, I know I wanted to, but don't make me go back there,"

Dudley, remembering all too well how he begged his parents to not go to boarding school, listened to his son, and enrolled him in a muggle school, and Freddy followed the same evening classes as his brother had done.

Georgie followed more in his father footsteps, a labourer, and liking his job. His magic was used for making his life easier, cleaning, household, travelling.

Freddy was a more out of the box kind of person, and went to work in the magic world, dedicating his work to finding ways to combine muggle and magic technology, to combine the best out of two worlds.

The end