~Mini-chapter 7~: Memories

Date to publish: 10/13/23
(Friday the 13th...
appropriate for this
mini-chapter)
°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°~•~°

Krow's left arm was missing. So was one of its horns. Its face was a mess of blood and it seemed to be concussed.

That didn't stop it from running at Owen at full speed.

"GET OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY! I'M GONNA KILL HIM! I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL HIM!" Krow screamed, punching Owen as hard as it could repeatedly.

Magic, Soup, and Spidey all lunged on Krow and held it back.

"What has gotten into you?"

Ori looked at Owen. "You okay?"

Owen nodded. "Just... get that thing away from me."

Red turned to the group angrily. "Is OWEN okay? You have got to be kidding. Krow shows up, bloody and broken, and the first thing it wants to do is kill Owen. Apo said that Owen is trying to kill all the demons, and none of you put two and two together?!"

Rasbi's expression suddenly hardened. "Owen... Keldor. Owen. Keldor. Owen. Keldor. Screw Krow, I'm going to kill him!

Apo suddenly jumped in front of Owen. "Guys, listen, we can figure out a better-"

"HE TRIED TO KILL ME!"

"HE KILLED MY SISTER!"

Owen pushed Apo aside, and Apo flinched.

"I've beaten you before and I'll beat you again." He drew his spear. "I can't let you terrorize the world. I can't let you hurt innocent people or brainwash them into thinking you're not evil. Not anymore. Never again."

Apo stared at Owen.

"How could you two! You know what their kind did to us..."

Magic grabbed Owen and ripped the spear out of his hands. "You tried to kill Krow AND Apo?!" She sounded heartbroken, and Owen noticed her eyes glossing up. "...I can't belive you lied to me."

"Guts! Help me out here!" Graecie called out.

Owen ripped his arms out of Magic's grip. "It was for the greater good. You wouldn't get it. Every moment these things are alive is another moment one of your lives is in danger."

"There won't be a one day. Every second that... that thing is alive is a second they have to kill us all."

"OWEN, YOU TRIED TO KILL PEOPLE." Magic was in tears now.

"Good. They deserved it. And you know what? They all deserve to die. "

"Good. He deserved it. You all deserve to die!"

Krow kept shouting. "I CAN'T BELIVE YOU IDIOTS BELIVED HIM. APO DOSEN'T EVEN HAVE THE CLAWS TO SCRATCH OUT HIS EYE! That was ME!"

Owen bent down to pick up his spear again and caught Apo's eye.

"Now you know... our family is dead and the humans... those vile, disgusting creatures killed them. They killed them all."

His heart rate sped up

"Looks like our general doesn't know when to call it quits, folks"

He was blinded by his view

"We're all blinded by the hatred thats been shoved down our throats for generations"

He was scared of him.

"When you're built for bloodshed, a nation of peace will toss you aside like a spent torch."

He was the same as me

"They trusted a human and now they're dead"

As Guts dragged Owen away, Rasbi screaming that prison was more than he deserved, Magic staring at him with tears rolling out of her eyes, and three people holding back Krow, Apo came to a realization at the same time as Owen.

"He's stuck in the past. And he's scared of me..." Apo whispered.

"What did you say?" Guts asked, squeezing Owen's arms tighter behind him.

Owen shook his head and mumbled again. "He's stuck in the past... and he's scared of me." Owen laughed at the prospect.

A human and a demon, a changed person and a crazed one, a victim and a murderer whispered the same thing at the same time. Five words that changed both of their perspectives on the world they thought they knew.

"We're scared of... each other"