"Eight Members Part 2" (Ch. 23: Hello, Eight Members!)

School. School. School. The word that keeps me busy all the time.  Sorry for not updating! ≥o≤ Here’s an update for you guys. Oh. By the way, this is the part 2 of Eight Members. ;)

Anw, I ship Zeref and Mavis!

________________________________

Ch. 23: Hello, Eight Members!

{Narrator’s POV}

"A way? What is it?" Natsu asked, his sulking mode turned off.

"Combine with the Color of Girls."

“Hah.”

“...”

“Stop making jokes. We’re having a serious conversation here.”

Zeref huffed, “I don’t make jokes about matters like this. Really. Combine with the Color of Girls and the problem is solved. If you’ll ask as to why that is the answer to the problem, it’s because we, Mavis and I, can be both your managers. We can still be managers that way. By now, Mavis is talking to the girls about the matter. If they really don’t want Mavis to quit, Mavis will tell them to combine with you guys.”

“But why!? I know there’s still ways!” Natsu complained, pouting.

“That way, our time for preparations won’t be shortened. We can both manage you easily.”

Gajeel slouched on the couch, frustrated. “I don’t know about that. I don’t know what to say. Honestly, I don’t know anything anymore!”

“Look. It’s easy. Sign the contract, and all will be over, okay?” Zeref explained. “You know the other option. It’s still open. I’ll give the four of you the time to think about it. I’m waiting until 4 PM.” he declared firmly as he stood up and left the boys, dazed.

Mavis and Color of Girls

“Combine with the Elemental Boys.”

Silence. Silence enveloped the air. No one dared to break the awkward and uncomfortable silence. Mavis thought that the girls were still processing what she just said, and were thinking about the matter, when in turn, they were too shocked to think about a come back.

After a few minutes of silence, Mavis sighed. “No. Never mind what I said. It’s just a suggestion. I guess you don’t want it so.. see you later. At four PM, I’m getting that contract. Make sure you have signed it already.”

“Wait,” Lucy stood up. “are you serious about what you said earlier? You know, us joining forces with the Elemental Boys?”

“It’s just a suggestion. But it’s a way for me not to quit being your manager. I mean, Zeref and I can both be your managers. That way, we won’t have to worry about our schedules because we’re together. But never mind that. I know you won’t accept that sugge—”

“Okay. Expect that we’re giving you our decisions later. Thank you.” Levy said.

Back to the Elemental Boys...

“What? Are you guys okay with joining forces? With the Color of Girls?” Natsu queried, munching on a cookie. He was still considering Zeref’s suggestion. He knew that they have to think about this thoroughly. Zeref and Mavis being the managers was the topic here, and they’ll do anything for that event not to happen. If only there was another option....

“You know me. You don’t need my answer. I’m fine with it as long as you guys are, too.” Gajeel nonchalantly stated, shrugging. He leaned on the couch, crossing his arms.

Jellal pursed his lips into a thin line. “You always say that, Gajeel. At least make your decision. Don’t rely on us when it comes to decision-making.”