seventeen

Ren stayed where Chishiya told her to, keeping a look out for anything suspicious. She leaned her back against the wall, tossing the radio up into the air. Ren had to patiently wait for news from Chishiya or Kuina about what was happening around them. At the moment, Ren was bored – the militants were just walking around like normal, maybe a little more on patrol, but she suspected that after Arisu's attempt of corruption.

"How are thigns on your side, Kuina?" Ren looked down at the radio when she finally heard Chishiya on the other end.

"Aguni is still in his room. I'm so bored now."

"Join the club." Ren added.

"Then, shall we proceed with our plan?" Chishiya asked. Ren rolled her eyes – Chishiya was definitely a asshole in their world, that was for sure. "I don't know it Arisu is clever or stupid. There's no way the cards would be kept in an ordinary safe." Chishiya said.

"Then where is the real safe?" Kuina asked.

"When Arisu found the fake safe, Aguni, who usually does not waver, was looking toward a certain location. I believe that the contents of the envelope did not contain a passcode or an empty letter... but instead, it might have been a drawing." Chishiya explained.

Ren chuckled. "Hatter's more clever than I gave him credit for." She remarked. "I've been in the royal suite, I couldn't tell you shit about it. I definitely wasn't looking closely." Ren said.

"Found it." Chishiys said, ignoring Ren's comments.

"So you used him for this?" Kuina questioned.

Ren laughed. "Have you not realized that Chishiya is a manipulative fucker?"

"To gain something, you need to lose something." Chishiya said.

"Well, you definitely lost Arisu's trust, Chishiya." Ren said.

"He's just a sacrifice. Things like this happen often, don't they?" Chishiya asked.

Kuina sighed. "No, not at all. I really don't want to be your enemy."

"People often tell me that." Chishiya said honestly.

Ren rolled her eyes. "I can't imagine why." She said under her breath, not bothering to say that on the radio. Ren pushed herself away from the wall, heading off to the next location that Chishiya said to meet once he collected the cards. Ren looked down at the lobby as she walked, wondering how the Beach was going to be like with Aguni running the place.

Ren was the first one there, waiting for Kuina and Chishiya to arrive. Kuina arrived shortly after Ren, cigeratte still dangling between her lips. "You good?" Ren asked, sensing that Kuina was a little on edge.

"Samura walked by me." Ren hadn't interacted with Takatora Samura, but by the state of his body, all those tattoos, Ren didn't want to be anywhere near him. He just freaked Ren out.

Kuina stood next to Ren, arms crossed. "What are you going to do when we leave?" Kuina asked.

Ren shrugged. "Do what I was doing previously. I'm good at the games, keep myself alive for my brother." Ren was truthful with Himari and Kuina – as much as she thought about dying during one of the games, she did want to reunited with her brother. She knew he was save with Sara, but Ren wanted to see her brother again.

Kuina huffed. "Not without me, bitch." Ren turned her head to Kuina. "We aren't saying goodbye like this," Kuina shook her head. "Besides, I want to meet that little brother of yours, he seems so adorable, I just want to hug him." Kuina said.