eighteen

Ren stood before Himari, just staring at the girl who put on a very good act that even Ren didn't realize until just seconds prior. Ren suspected that Himari wasn't just playing pretend with Ren, but with everyone else. There was also a sneaking suspicion that Junichiro, while was a perverted freak, wasn't the one who was causing the drama within that group that Ren entered into.

Ren should have trusted her gut back then, stayed away from that community, even if she wondered how Sousuke was after the game. She would have entered up right where she was either way – she would have found that drinking game on the night she needed to, regardless.

Himari was just as manipulative as everyone else in this world. But no one would think otherwise – who would? That smile, that face, no one would suspect that Himari would be somebody she wasn't.

"Scared, Ren?"

Ren shook her head. "No." Even though there was a literally a fire under her feet right now, Ren wasn't scared of Himari. "Why would I be scared of a bitch like you?" Ren didn't fear death – not one bit. She welcomed death when it decided to take her, but right now, it wasn't the time to die.

Ren also wasn't scared of Himari. If anything, she was harmless compared to the militant. Himari was a pussy cat compared to the militants. She wasn't going around killing people, at least not like what they were doing. Ren didn't know what Himari was doing in their own world, she could a goddamn serial killer for all she knew. The look in her eye, Ren wouldn't be surprised if that was true. A small blip inside of Ren did fear for her sister's life.

Himari did say she was interviewing for a position at the children's hopsital.

Himari looked down at the gun, feeling the weight in her hand. "You might not fear death, Ren," Ren continued to stare at Himari. "But I do." Ren didn't have time to react until it was too late. The gun was pointed under Himari's chin. Ren's eyes widened at Himari's movements. "You have thirty minutes. You'll figure out who killed Momoka."

Ren didn't understand, and before a question could be asked, Himari pulled the trigger. Ren stood frozen – Himari's body fell to the ground, right on top of militant she killed moments before. Ren stared at Himari's lifeless body, letting her words sink in.

There was only thirty minutes left of the game – they had to figure out who kill Momoka. But at the same time, Ren just watched someone take their own life, something she planned on doing one day. Her heart literally sank into the pit of her stomach.

Ren slowly backed away before running off. She headed back to the beginning, just ten minutes before she met up with Kuina and Chishiya outside. The tears filled her eyes thinking about Himari back there, just killing herself in front of Ren. It was cruel and an eye opener.

Ren slowed down, making sure none of the militants were around before she walked down the hall she previously was standing on earlier. Ren looked over the railing, coughing into her hand as the smoke from the fire down in the basement filled the lobby. Ren looked down at Momoka's body, trying to recall what happened before she left.

Ren remembered that no one was in the lobby with her, but that wasn't the truth. Ren did remember somebody entering when she was exiting. She didn't see their face, but it was a woman. She was wearing a bikini – Ren couldn't remember the color or anything else. Ren didn't think anything twice, she just assumed that some of the players were starting to get ready for tonight's games, starting to venture out of their rooms after the announcement of Hatter's death.

Ren stopped where she previously stood next to Chishiya, looking down at the balcony were Aguni gave his speech about the rules.

"Why not?" Ren questioned to herself. She quickly wiped her face of the tears that rolled down her cheeks. She barely knew Himari, she shouldn't be crying over her. However, the words in Ren's head echoed. Himari told her she'd figure out who killed Momoka – she put emphasize on Momoka's name... why?