twenty-three

"I want you to lie to me," Ren said as she came up behind Chishiya. She walked in a circle around the rest of the players, listening to their answers. Ren wanted Chishiya to lie to her from the start, but the first game she wanted to see what everyone else did.

Chishiya looked over his shoulder at Ren. "Don't trust me?" He asked. Chishiya knew that was a stupid question, Ren trusted him, she had her own plans for this game. "You will make me untruthful." Chishiya pointed out as he looked back at Urumi and her little group.

"Not that you really care, I know later in the game, you will lie to somebody." Chishiya gave Ren that, he had plans, that didn't mean those plans will actually be executed. "And somebody will lie to you."

"That's the object of the game."

"Just lie to me."

Ren dropped her hands from the back of the collar, allowing Chishiya to sneak a peek. "Hearts." He said. Chishiya wasn't going to ask details about Ren's plan as she walked over to Urumi's group. Everyone was thanking each other for surviving that first round. Ren noticed right away that Urumi didn't give a shit about the players she recruited into her own little team – just as Ren suspected, she was just playing them, waiting for the time to really betray their trust.

As Ren stood there, she took the chance to take a page out of Chishiya's book. She observed the other teams that were formed. She wondered how long before the first death actually happened.

Ren looked back at Chishiya and Ippei. Now, Ren knew that Ippei trusted her and Chishiya, for whatever reason. If Ren was in his shoes, she wouldn't trust somebody like her, but to each their own.

"What the fuck?" Ren turned her attention to one of the teams. She stepped aside from the group to see what was really happening. "I told you to give me the answer!" Ren crossed her arms – they were already seeing the tension and they were only two rounds in.

One of the players walked over to the guy that was tossed aside. "You all right?" Ren walked closer to Chishiya and Ippei, watching the other player whisper something in his ear.

"Looks to me like you want another beating." The player was grabbed by the top of his head, pulled upward. Ren just stood there – there was nothing she could do to stop the one-sided fight breaking out. "Give me the answer!"

"C-Club."

"Huh?"

"Clubs!"

Ren took notice to the symbol on the back of the player's neck. She quickly placed both hands over Ippei's mouth when he went to tell the other player his real symbol. She pulled him back until he was standing next to Chishiya. "Now the game is really starting." Everyone took notice that the lying had just begun.

Ren removed her hands from Ippei's mouth. "I didn't think it would be him first. Not that I'm complaining, the guy tried to hit on me when I went to get a bottle of water." Ren said. "Ippei,"

Ippei turned to face Ren. "Tell me my symbol."

"But he already-"

Ren looked over at Chishiya, realizing he gave her the right answer instead of lying. "Seriously?" Chishiya just shrugged. He'd let Ren figure out why he didn't lie to her – at least, not yet. He wanted to see who the first person would be to lie. And like Ren, he didn't think Afikumi would be the first person to lie.

Ren huffed, crossing her arms. She looked over to Afikumi, seeing Urumi recruiting him. "I see the twinkle in her eye, she's evil." Ren commented.

Ippei sighed. "How can you say that?"