(:02:)

Art School Wannabe - Sorority Noise

<><><>

"Alright I'm heading out!" Karl says from the front door as I sit on the countertop in the kitchen, eating a bowl of cereal.

"Bye" I say in between bites.

I hear the front door slam shut, and then watch Karl through the window as he pulls out of the driveway and down the road towards the mall.

Soon after, I finish my cereal and I place the bowl in the sink to be cleaned later.

I have some things to do today too so it's a better time than any to start.

I grab a pair of shoes and my car keys and I head out, in the direction of the art store.

I'm a writer for my job. And I do love what I do, well sometimes I love what I do. But my real passion is art, mainly painting. And I'm really good at it too. But art doesn't pay the bills. At least not until I'm dead.

In high school, my dream school was MCAD, and I filled out my application and portfolio and all of that shit, but I never sent it in. There was no way I was going to get in anyways. Plus it's a good thing I didn't go, otherwise I wouldn't have met Karl and I wouldn't be where I am today.

As soon as I get inside the store, I go directly to where the large canvases are, seeing as I'm out.

As I walk into the aisle, I see a very familiar face.

"Hey Robin! My favorite customer, Are you going to let me take you on a date yet?" Emery asks as she sees me, as a joke. I think.

We always flirt a bit when we see eachother but it's in a friendly way. I will say tho, she is really attractive.

"Not yet." I respond with a smile on my face.

"Ok, well what can I help you with?" she asks.

"Well I just needed a few more large canvases but if you would like to accompany me on a walk through the store to "show me where they might be" it wouldn't hurt." I say and she just smiles at me.

"Well they are definitely not right behind me, so uh let's go that way." She says, directing me down the aisle in the opposite direction of the canvases.

I laugh a bit as we start to walk through the different aisles.

"I know these aren't the canvases but could you use some yarn?" she asks, showing the yarn off like the models on deal or no deal. I laugh and shake my head.

"What about these really large paint brushes?" she says doing the same action but a lot bigger.

"I could actually use one of those thank you. I've been meaning to repaint my bathroom." I say in between laughs.

"SHAW" We hear her manager shout from down the aisle, "Get back to work!!"

"Will do sorry" she shouts back and her manager walks away. "Well I need to get back to work, do you need help finding the canvases?"

"No I've got it, have a good rest of your shift though." I tell her as I start to back up down the hallway.

"You too... wait... I mean" she says and she starts to get flustered, "Have a good rest of your day."

I smile and wave before turning around and walking away. 

<><><>

Word count- 596