(:06:)

Starting Fires - Bears In Trees

<><><>

It had been about an hour since I had been home and it had been quite productive. I had spent a lot of time on the current painting I was working on and it was almost done. Almost seventy-five hours of work but it's all going to be worth it once it's done. Especially because I have a buyer lined up already wanting to buy this piece. Which would be exciting because it would be my first actual piece ever bought, not including close family and friends.

Not only that but it's a really meaningful piece to me. Even though you might not be able to see the meaning by just looking at it, I've put a lot more emotion into that painting than ever before.

But for the last five to ten minutes, I had been working on an article I needed to get finished by tomorrow. Oh how I hate words. When I need them they never come to me.

Just then I hear the front door slam shut. Oh Karl's finally home. What took him so fucking long?.

"Robbie"? I hear Karl shout.

"I'm in my office." I shout back to him.

He runs in, out of breath with the largest smile on his face.

"Where have you been all day?" I ask.

"Ok well you already knew that i was going to the mall, but then after the mall I went to buy a celebration cake, and then I came home so we would eat the cake, but then you weren't home so I ate the whole cake and then I went to Kris's house to tell her the good news of what happened." He said in one breath.

"Oh my god Karl you're speaking one-hundred words per second. What good news?"

"I asked the Candle girl for her number and she gave it to me, and then she told me I was pretty, and guess what her name is Camryn, and I am just so happy" He says as he starts to bounce around the room in excitement.

I smiled at him on the outside, but on the inside it felt like he just curb stomped my already broken heart.

"I'm so happy for you, but could you just be careful."

"I'm so happy for me too." He says as he continues to bounce around the room., closer and closer to my easel.

"Wait Karl stop!" I try to warn him before he knocks the easel over, but it's too late.

The once steady tripod, was now trying to balance on two legs. And I bet you can figure out how well that went.

I felt like I was moving in slow motion. Watching as my newest creation started to plummet towards the ground.

SPLAT

And there goes seventy-five hours of work down the drain, or should I say, about to be stained in my carpet.