(:15:)

I Want to Kiss You - The Spook School

<><><>

After about thirty minutes of driving I put my car in park, and turn to Emery, "We're here." She says, as we're parked at a place I know well. With my mind preoccupied, I walk around the car and open the door for Emery.

"Oh my god, what a gentleman." Once she's out, I shut the door and follow her as she walks towards the fence in front of the cliff. She leans on said fence and once I catch up to her, I lean too. "I thought you would like this view."

I look out from the overlook at all of the city lights, bright in the darkness of night. "I actually come out here a lot to help clear my mind, but I haven't been here in a while." I tell her

"Wait really? Why?" She smiles.

"It's just hard to be here around this time of year." Her smile falters and I watch her shiver and close herself off with her hands to try and warm herself up. "Hey follow me, I think I have a hoodie and blanket in my trunk."

We walk to the back of my car, and I pop the boot, rummaging through all the shit I have back there until I find one of my hoodies and a blanket. "Here " I say, handing her the hoodie and she happily and graciously puts it on, saying a muffled 'thank you'. I walk to the front of the car, sitting on the hood, gesturing for Emery to sit with me.

She does and I wrap the blanket around both of our shoulders. we look back at the cityscape, in a comfortable silence for a couple minutes. I decided to break the silence, opening up to her.

"When I first moved here, I felt so lonely, even though I was living with my best friend. After about a month of living here, my sister came to visit for her birthday."

"I didn't know you had a sister," She replies.

"Yeah, she's a little less than a year older than me so we've always been close." I fiddle with the corner of the blanket. "The night before she had to go back home we drove up here and just talked. That's when she came out to me about being trans."

Emery just nods and listens to my story.

I sniffled before talking again, "Obviously I accepted her because she was my only sibling and there was nothing she could ever do that would make me not love her. I took her to the airport the next morning," My voice breaks, my eyes becoming glossy. "That was the last time I saw her."

"Oh Robbie," Emery wraps her arms around me in a comforting hug.

"I've regretted it every day, letting her go back to our parents, not inviting her to come live with me." I am fully crying now. "It wasn't even a month later that I got a call from my parents."

<><><>

"Mom, it's three in the morning, why are you calling me?" I ask, half asleep.