(:03:)

Dread In My Heart: Mother Mother

<><><>

I struggle as I open the door to the house. Me being the lazy bitch I am, decided to carry three bags of groceries in each hand as well as a whole bunch of canvases that I know I'm just going to drop on the floor as soon as I get inside.

As soon as I shut the door behind me, exactly as I thought, all of the canvases slipped out of my hands creating a large chorus of thuds on the ground.

"Robbie?" I hear Karl yell from upstairs before I hear a very fast patter of, what I have memorized to be his footsteps, running down the stairs.

Soon enough he's standing right infront of me and he looked like he was about to bounce off of the walls with how excited he looked.

"You'll never guess what happened to me today- wait what happened here?" He says looking at the predicament I was in.

"That doesn't matter," I say, stepping over the canvases, working my way into the kitchen, "Tell me while I put away my groceries."

I drop the bags on the countertop and Karl sits right next to them. I open one of the drawers grabbing out the permanent marker that was specifically used for marking groceries. We didn't really care if the other used our groceries, but it just made it a lot simpler to buy it separately.

I start to write my name down on all of the groceries as Karl starts to tell his story. "So I had told you that I was going to the mall today right, well when I went into bath and body works, the girl who was working there was the prettiest girl I have ever seen." and just like that my heart sunk.

I turned away to start putting some of the groceries away to make sure that he didn't see the pain in my eyes. "Oh really, did you talk to her?" I ask about setting my almond milk and other refrigerated food items in the fridge.

"Well kinda"

"What do you mean kinda?" I ask them to grab some more groceries and put them where they go.

"Well she asked if i was looking for anything in specific and I told her yes, and then she asked what it was and I told her candles, and then she asked if i needed any help and I panicked and said no!"

Ok so maybe this wasn't as bad as I thought it was. "But when I was checking out she told me she liked my sweater so I didn't completely mess it up, Right?"

"But like, I believe in fortune cookies now." he tells me and I just look at him confused.

"What do fortune cookies have to do with any of this?"

"Well my fortune last night told me to look out for something or someone special, and look what happened, the absolutely most gorgeous girl just waltzes into my life." ok that one stung. "So I guess this means you're going to get a significant other." he says, bumping my shoulder, making the face your older siblings make when they find out you have a crush on someone in middle school.