(:16:)

Heather- Conan Gray

Heather- Conan Gray

<><><>

I hear my alarm start to ring and I reluctantly grab my phone to turn it off and get out of bed. I run my fingers through my hair as I yawn. I stand there for a minute trying to wake up.

    I walk into my bathroom to brush my teeth and do my skin care. After that I leave my room and head down the stairs. I turn left into the kitchen to get something to eat but before I can, I notice someone I don't know standing in front of the fridge.

    From behind I notice their long brunette hair, with faded orange underneath. I clear my throat to get their attention. They turn around immediately, obviously shocked to see me. She had my carton of almond milk in her hands. I immediately notice her deep blue eyes, feeling sucked in. 'This is Cam isn't it? Fuck she's hot.'

    "Oh hi!" She smiles brightly, "You must be Robin!"

'She's chipper for this early in the morning.' "And you must be Cam," I respond with a smile. It is only now that I notice what she's wearing. A pair of boxers and Karl's sweater from yesterday.

    "I've heard a lot about you." She says, and there seems to be a weird tension between us.

    "I don't think that's something I've heard before." I say back and she just looks at me confused.

    "Karl doesn't talk about you to anyone?" She sounds skeptical.

    "It's a weird situation." I walk into the kitchen, past her to grab a monster out of the fridge. "Just so you know, that almond milk is mine. Karl's has his name on it." She looks down at the carton to notice my name on it.

    "Oh I'm so sorry, Karl said I could have anything in the fridge." she responded, putting it back in the fridge where she got it from.

    "Well it was nice to meet you" I say, reaching in an upper cabinet, grabbing a granola bar before leaving the kitchen, and heading back up to my room.

<><><>

    I have been hiding out in my room all day, trying to avoid both Karl and Cam. Currently, I'm reading Solitaire, by Alice Osemen. (fr fr you should read it if you haven't. I am in love with Micheal Holden.)

Eventually though, I hear a knock at my bedroom door. Before I can say anything, Karl opens the door and walks in. Jumping on my bed, face down and he starts to giggle. I continue to read my book as he turns to look at me.

"I had the best day yesterday and today. I'm so fucking happy." I just kept reading as he tells me about his date. "It was perfect, And then when the date was coming to an end, I parked in a parking lot and we kissed, and I mean, I think you can guess what happened considering I only just took her home."

I let out a large sigh, turning the page of my book, not even listening to him. "What the fuck crawled up your ass and died?" he asks.

I look up at him and shake my head slightly giving him a look that screams 'are you fucking serious?'

"Is this because I had to cancel sunday movie night cause it's not that big of a deal, we can do it any other damn time." he says with more sass than needed.

I slam my book closed, placing it on my bedside table. "No! It's not fucking about that."

"Than what the fuck is it about?" He stands up, yelling at me.

"Shit, maybe it's the fact that my best friend, and roommate forgot my fucking birthday!" his facial features immediately soften.

"Oh Robbie-" I cut him off.

"No, I really don't want to hear it, please leave." He walks towards my bedroom door and opens it. He turns back to me and opens his mouth as if he had something to say. Before he does though, he turns back around and leaves.

<><><>

About an hour later, I quietly sneak out of the house while Karl was streaming. I had a plan for today and I can't chicken out.

In the car, I grip the wheel as I drive in the direction of the art store, listening to 'I wanna be your girlfriend' by Girl in Red. Kind of fitting, I guess.

As soon as I put my car in park, I immediately started getting cold feet. "Shit, is this really a good idea?" I talk to myself, "fuck it." I say turning off the ignition and getting out of the car.

I walk into the familiar building, my heart beating out of my chest about what I'm about to do. Walking through the store, I look down each aisle, looking for a very specific worker.

Once I reach the back of the store, I recognize her hair that was put up into a messy bun. I just smile at her while she turns around, only now noticing me.

"Hey Rob! How're you doing? Gonna let me take you on a date yet?" She asks with the cutest smile on her face.

"Um, I'm sorry but no." Her face looks like it's breaking and I feel so bad.

"Um" she seems to be having a hard time responding, "what can I help you with then?"

"I want to take you on a date." I say and she immediately smiles and wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me into a hug.

"Of course I will! Why the fuck did you scare me like that." She says, as she pulls away and looks at me, her eyes a bit glossy.

"I wanted to be the one to ask!" I say back and she slaps my shoulder playfully.

"You could've just said so, I thought I fucked everything up with the kiss and everything."

"Trust me, you didn't mess anything up." I reassure her.

"Good, cause if I did, I wouldn't be able to do this." She leans up, placing a small peck on my lips. My face immediately goes red as I have a hard time coming up with anything to say. "God you're so cute when you're flustered."

I just laugh in response, still not able to find the words to respond.

"Well I got to get back to work before my boss gets pissed." She starts to walk away before turning back to me, "I'm so excited for our date."

It takes me until she's already out of the aisle to respond. "Me too." I whisper to myself, holding a finger to my lips where she just kissed me. I can't help but smile as I leave the store and throughout the whole drive home.

<><><>

Word count: 1148