† Chapter Six

[Vote and Vote and Vote]

          I didn't know what to make of this, I was seeing Adam squirm in front of me while he was on fire, in pain. Right after I took off the necklace. The necklace! I stared at it and quickly threw myself over Adam's body. He couldn't get up, all he could do was just twist and turn with agonizing pain. My hands began to burn when I touched him but I didn't care. I didn't.

          I took the necklace and wrapped it around his neck until it locked. Suddenly the flames began to vanish. A smoke was left in the air as Adam slowly got up. His face was burnt but still so handsome. Wait what am I thinking? I'm thinking of how good looking he is after he just burned?

          But then his wounds began to heal.

          I stared in shock as his face went back to normal, his eyes still close and a few tears had left his eyes. I didn't know what to do. I was shaking, I didn't expect it to happen. I didn't know he was going to really turn on fire. I wasn't scared though. I was just confused, why?

          A few more seconds and he was completely healed except for his clothes that were burnt. He opened his eyes and I jumped back with a girl shriek. His eyes were black, completely black. It's like he didn't even have real eyes. His eyes looked like black shiny marbles.

          Adam got up and shook his body, ashes fell down on the ground and I couldn't keep my eyes away from his eyes. They were scary but still beautiful. I rather see his blue eyes. There were holes in his shirt from the fire. I felt so bad but why did I feel bad? How was I supposed to know he was actually going to turn on fire? I wouldn't have done it if I knew.

          I wanted to say something but I admit I'm a little afraid after his eyes turned black. Is he a demon? I guess the whole satanic thing is right. Maybe this is why my dad can't approach me. Yes! That's it! Adam was around me the two times my dad disappeared or couldn't approach me. It was Adam.

          "What are you?" I murmured.

          He quickly turned his head towards me, he looked angry. He raised his hand faster than possible and I felt something grip on my neck. I tried to see what it was but there was nothing on my neck. It felt like a hand was choking me. Then suddenly I started rising as Adam's hand rose. I couldn't breathe.

          "The question is, why did you remove my necklace?" He asked me coldly.

          "My friend told me to remove it." I struggled to speak but I barely could. I tried to kick but I was in mid air.

          "Why?"

          "She thinks you're satanic. Some book said you would turn on fire, and I just wanted to prove she was crazy. I guess I lose." I spoke fast because I barely had any breath in my lungs. He quickly let go of me, or I think he did. And he ran inside his house so fast. In one second he was inside then the next second he was outside again. This all happened in two seconds.

          "She took it." He grunted.

          I was holding my neck, afraid that he would hurt me again. I didn't keep eye contact this time. I didn't even know who she was. But he said she took it so I guess he was talking about the book. I remember Anasa saying some girl gave her the book. I guess that's who he meant by she.

          I looked at the open back door, maybe I can run. But he runs at the speed of light. Which is really hard to believe. But it was real. I couldn't out run him even if I tried. That explains the times I looked back and he was gone.