†† Chapter Nineteen

[VOTE OR I WILL KICK ADAM IN THE NUTS! I SWEAR I'LL DO IT! I WILL! DON'T TRY ME!]

               Adam's eyes opened and a pair of blue marbles stared back at me. I smiled, caressing his pale cheeks.

               "Hey," I whispered.

               His eyes wondered up at the dark sky. He had been unconscious for the entire day.

               "Where are we?" He asked in a raspy voice.

               "In the forest. You passed out for the entire day and I didn't know what to do."

               He sat up, looking at the trees around us. We were in complete darkness except for the moonlight above us. He quietly got up without moving a muscle and his eyes instantly became pitch black.

               "You should've kept going. We shouldn't be here. Especially since it's night."

               I stepped back and let his anger fume. "Did you want me to just leave you on the ground? I can't fly and I wouldn't know where to go."

               He looked down on his shirt which had burnt marks from the whip. "What happened? Where is your mom?"

               I sighed deeply. "I don't even know. She said she was my protector. Something that protects the necromancer until he says he doesn't need the protection anymore. So I told her I didn't need her and she disappeared into thin air."

               Adam shook his head. "Such a strange universe we live in. I don't even know what a protector is. I should've known something was protecting the only necromancer in the world."

               "Don't beat yourself up for it," I walked towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck and staring deep into his mysterious eyes. "You can't know everything. And I don't want you to."

               He made a stubborn look and looked behind me. "We need to go." He pulled my hand, rather harshly.

               "Ow," I snatched my hand back. I'm no human but I can still feel pain and I am very squishy when it comes to Adam. He sometimes forgets that I'm not actually a real genuine vampire.

              He looked back at me, puzzled look on his eyes. "What? We need to go now. It's night and we're still in Virginia. We should have been out of the country by now."

               "Can you stop," I hissed when he tried to pull me again. "You don't always have to protect me. I wasn't joking when I said that. And we don't have to run either. Why can't we hide in your house? They can't come in."

               "The house is owned by me. That only works when a human owns the house. It's a protection spell that was casted by witches thousands of years ago."

               My eyes bulged. "What about my mom's house? She's gone now but don't I kind of own the house?"

               He licked his bottom lip, gazing out at the trees before us.

               "What? What are you licking your lips for?" I questioned.

               He drew his eyes back to me. "Sorry."

               "Do you need blood?"

               "I'm fine."

               I frowned, crossing my arms together. "Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the forest? Ground...thing...what ever you just woke up on?"