Chapter 4 - The Clone wars

Author's Note: Enjoooy! ;)

~ Amina Gila

Green laser blasts tear through the droids as though they're nothing, and Luke can only stare, eyes wide. Then, another thought hits him. "I thought the Republic didn't have an army!" That's what the whole mess in the Senate with his mother was about. That's what Aunt Dorme died for. To prevent the bill from going through. Did that happen anyway?

Not that he can say any help isn't appreciated right now, but –

"We found them out of nowhere," Ahsoka calls to him, over the chaos. "No one understands where they came from. None of it makes sense."

With many of the droids destroyed, the gunships start landing. "Anakin!" Obi-Wan calls, appearing at the edge of one of the gunships. He looks visibly relieved to see him, as if that's a surprise.

"Come," Anakin calls, and they scramble for the gunships, clambering onboard. Luke catches onto one of the handrails to avoid falling out. Flying like this is fun, if he's being honest. Something he wishes he could do under circumstances less deadly.

Across the arena, he sees Ahsoka climb onto a different one with many of the other Jedi. He sees Obi-Wan there, too, though Anakin and Luke are alone here.

The rest of the gunship is full of armored troopers, all exactly the same. They all sound strangely similar, weirdly enough, when Anakin gives them orders on how to attack the Separatist fleet before they escape.

There's chaos everywhere, with laser fire and ships exploding all around them – whether their own or the droid ones. Luke wishes he knew how to fly in situations like this. Not that he's hoping for more battles like this, but still.

It's then that he suddenly spots something. "Father!" Luke calls, motioning to a ship where Maul and the rest of his... family are. There's Ventress, who was Dooku's official heiress and now Maul's wife, and their adopted daughter, Merrin. At least, Luke's pretty sure she's adopted. She probably is, since he's fairly certain he heard something about Maul having been cut in half. He could be wrong though.

"Follow them," Anakin orders.

They're heading for a hangar, Luke realizes quickly, as the gunship lowers to the platform outside, and he jumps off after Anakin. "Call for assistance," Anakin instructs, and the ship flies away, leaving them alone.

Suddenly, it dawns on Luke that they are, in fact, going to fight the Sith. It's not going to be easy, either. Not in the least. Luke may be far stronger in the Force than these Sith ever could be, but he's not trained. (He wasn't trained enough to protect Dorme.) He only has a blaster, and even if he did have a lightsaber, he doesn't even know how to use one. Maybe... Anakin was right after all, and he shouldn't have come.

"Stay back," Anakin cautions, "I will handle them."

"Alone?" Luke asks, a sudden wave of fear clawing at him. He knows even he doesn't know how powerful his father is, but there's three of them here.

"You are not trained," he reminds him, gently, "And help should arrive soon."

They can hope. Luke's not convinced, given how violent the battle was out there. Who knows when they'll find someone who's able to come?

Still, he stands back, as much as he hates it, as Anakin strides forwards into the hangar.

"If it isn't Skywalker," a woman's voice drawls. Ventress.

Luke steps around the corner, hands tightly clenched on his blaster, just in case. Not being able to see would be worse. It's not as if he'll be able to help now, either, but maybe... maybe he'll find a time for a well-aimed blaster shot to make a difference.