Chapter 6 - Teth to Tatooine

Author's Note: Luke and Leia face dangers. :)

~ Amina Gila

Luke still isn't happy about this mission even if he grudgingly admits he understands its importance. He does not want to do this. He doesn't want to help slavers in any shape or form. The clones don't seem to have any questions about it, likely because they don't understand what it means the same way Luke does.

A part of him hopes they never will. A part of him knows they will eventually, because they can't fight in the galaxy without learning exactly what is out there, what it contains. If they didn't have to make a deal with Jabba, he wouldn't be so upset, but it's what it is.

He doesn't know much about Anakin's past on Tatooine, but it's enough to know that he hates slavers. And it's completely unfair that his father has to be dragged into this.

It's probably also unfair to be upset with Obi-Wan for asking, but he can't help it. Especially not when he just finished talking to Anakin about how the Republic is using a slave army, and if they don't think there's anything wrong with any of this, then... He can't help remembering his parents' near argument about the state of the Senate.

The more time passes, the more he thinks he agrees with Anakin about that.

"Are you ready?" Anakin asks, as they prepare to board their fighters.

"Yeah," he confirms, with more cheer than he feels – he is eager to fly, though.

Within minutes they're flying out of the cruiser, streaking down for Teth's surface, flying between the clouds filling the purplish sky. Laser blasts ring out around them, and Luke speeds the fighter forwards. This, at least, is something he has always liked doing and trained for.

He fires back at where the shots are coming from, once he's getting closer to the ground, trying to give proper cover to the gunships. Even so, a couple of them explode a distance away. There's too much fire here, and they can't take out the droids and their cannons on the tower up ahead fast enough.

Luke's fighter streaks forwards anyway, the droid forces on top of the monastery coming into view. Blasting through them and dodging their fire isn't hard, not when he can feel the shots coming before they're even close.

Anakin's fighter streaks into view moments later, helping him blast down the most dangerous droids, before they land their fighters right outside the still-sealed door.

Climbing out of his fighter, he moves to join his father, as the clones' gunships come flying in to land. "How many droids did you get?" Luke asks, cheerfully.

"I may have lost track," Anakin replies, mildly amused.

Luke huffs. He was really hoping to be able to compare how well they were doing – plus, it makes the battles feel easier, when he's trying to reach a goal of beating everyone else. He's heard the clones doing the same thing. "Fine, then we'll have to restart."

"I imagine there are many droids inside," Anakin says, and then gets this look on his face, that he does when he's sensing something, "But we are not alone here."

"Who is it?" Luke asks, frowning. He expected as much, but the warning is still appreciated.

"The presence is elusive, but it may be Merrin."

"We'll be ready, then," he states determinedly, as he and Anakin head into the place, the clones following them.

The halls are dark, except for lighting from the clones' helmets, and Luke can't shake the feeling that something is watching them. He doesn't like it.