Chapter 17 - Mortis

Author's Note: In which the Skywalker family ends up on Mortis in a shared vision. ;)

~ Amina Gila

Everything feels... different. Not wrong different, but still different, and not entirely natural. It feels Light in a way that Leia never remembers feeling in her life, but there's something distinctly calming and soothing about it, and she never wants this feeling to end. Being alone on Naboo is lonely, no matter how close she is with Pooja and Jyn and Qi'ra or even Han. Even for how much she loves the planet itself. It's still lonely.

"Leia?!"

It's at the sound of her twin's stunned voice that she pulls her eyes open, blinking up at the bright blue sky. It's beautiful, and the grass is so green. It looks like some kind of paradise. Is it real? Somehow, she doesn't think so.

"Luke?" she asks, blinking a few times, and he comes into view. "What – where are we?" He was on the fronts, wasn't he?

"We're in a vision," Anakin interrupts, "Though I've never seen anything like that before."

"A vision?" Luke echoes, spinning around. Leia pushes herself up, accepting her brother's proffered hand to pull her upright. This is... strange. Very strange. She and Luke haven't had joint dreams with each other in years, since they started learning to shield themselves, and that was when they were little. And never once have they had one with Anakin, at least not one so vivid.

"It's not fully real," he confirms immediately, "It's too..."

"The Force is strong here," Luke supplies.

"Too strong," Leia agrees.

"Though it's so peaceful."

"Yet there is a source of conflict somewhere in this world," Anakin replies, "I can sense it."

"Are you the One?" a voice asks, echoing, and Leia whirls around. Luke turns, too, and Anakin instantly steps protectively in front of them as a figure approaches.

She's dressed in gold and white, and her hair – is that really hair? Leia has no idea, but it vaguely resembles it – is green. Most of all, she's glowing. Leia has never seen a sentient creature that can glow before, and the figure feels the same way in the Force. It's more unnerving than anything else.

"Who are you?" Anakin inquires.

"I am the Daughter," she replies, "Are you the One?"

"The – what?" Luke asks, stepping forwards.

Leia is still cautious, wary, mostly because the sheer strength of the Light doesn't even feel possible. Then again, it is a vision, and very, very strange things can happen in visions. Anakin has told her that before.

"Come," she replies, "I will take you to him."

"Wait, to who?" Leia asks, darting forwards as the strange figure turns to start walking away. She has never faced quite this strange before. Somehow, she doesn't think any of them have.

"The Father, of course," she answers cryptically, "We are the Ones that guard the power. We are the beginning, the middle, and the end."

"What does that mean?" Luke asks, confused, looking at Anakin, who just shrugs. Clearly, he has no more ideas either.

"I don't know," Anakin confesses, "I've never heard anything about this. This vision is... unusual, but the Force is trying to tell us something. We need to let it take its course."

Leia's never had a vision before, at least not like this. It's... not like she thought it would be, either.

There are towering mountains everywhere, and the place looks like some kind of paradise. It's beautiful. But what really strikes Leia as odd is how the plants are changing color as the time passes – it could be a few minutes, or a few hours, it's hard to say, considering it's a vision. They're growing darker, as plants do in summer, and now, they're starting to turn orange, shades of fall.