Episode 7 Tower of Dreams

Song Inspiration: Darkside

Artist: Alan Walker

~~~~~~~~~~

(Show POV)

Time: 5:02 PM

Location: Ninja Resistance's Base

~~~~

Muffled voices filled the dark void that surrounded Lloyd.

He searched around for the source of the noise, but there was not a single soul in sight. Lloyd took a step forward in the darkness, calling out the names of his gang members. 

Don't worry, Big Shot. I'll watch over you from now on.

Lloyd stopped. He turned quickly towards the voice, which sounded like it came from right behind him. 

As long as I have my power and breath in my body, I'm going to protect you.

Lloyd turned once more towards yet another voice. 

"Who's there?" Lloyd asked. 

We're all at fault, kid. It's just the way the cookie crumbles.

"Hello!?" Lloyd shouted. No matter where he looked, no one was in the void with him. Yet, the voices grew louder and louder with each new voice ringing in his ears.

This isn't about numbers! It's about family.

I'm sure that if your father was still here, it would be the first book he'd read.

Whatever happens to me, wherever I am, I will always be with you.

Oh, we are so HOOPED!

Lloyd covered both of his ears from the chaos around him. He screamed out, but the voices would not cease.

"Lloyd?"

The gang leader gasped once his eyes shot open. He rose quickly and scanned the area. 

"Lloyd, it's alright. You are safe here." 

The teen focused on his uncle, who stood before him with a warm smile. 

"Wu? Where am..." Lloyd trailed off. He looked down to find himself in a bunk bed. Just past the old ninja master were dozens of other people with them inside, what appeared to be, a giant warehouse. All of them were talking among themselves with most gathered around a table in deep discussion. Misako, though, stood off to the side and stared right at the puzzled teen. 

A striking pain throbbed across Lloyd's head, making him wince. He leaned his head against his palm before he wiped the sweat from his brow. 

"Are you feeling well?" Wu asked. Lloyd shut his gaze. He rubbed his temple and gave a small groan.

"Yeah, just a headache... I heard so many people talking too. You guys really should keep your voices down-"

The memories leading up to his unconsciousness then came flooding back to him. 

Lloyd froze. He turned his attention back to Wu and sent him a cold glare. His uncle frowned, but he looked the least bit surprised.

"You... kidnapped me."

"Damian's forces were after you. We had to ensure you would be safe-"

"I had it under control-"

"That is not the point-"

"NO!"

Lloyd stood up from the bed and walked around to face Wu. 

"You don't get to do this. You all don't get to come back into my life and act like you suddenly care about me," Lloyd spat. He took a glance at his mother to ensure she was listening too.