Episode 10 Phone Home

Song Inspiration: The Seeds of the Past (From "My Little Pony")

Artist: Ashleigh Ball & Kelly Sheridan

~~~~~~~

(No One's Pov)

Location: Off the Coast (Outside Ninjago City)

Time: 3:08 AM

~~~~~

Misfortune's Keep soared through the night sky, set on autopilot to keep the ship steady while the crew turned in for the night. After escaping Damian's forces in Ninjago City, the pirates were ordered to keep themselves busy while their captain retired to his quarters. 

Instead of sleeping, though, Nadakhan was pacing, well more like floating, back and forth in his room. Exhaustion was weighing on him, but he couldn't think to rest. Not when there was so much more planning to be done. 

He had failed to secure more ninja in his blade. They somehow were able to escape with all their allies and even secure the ice ninja from Borg Tower. Honestly, he should be happy that they took the nindroid back. It meant that Damian was one step closer to being thrown from power. Once he was off the throne, his wish would no longer affect the pirate captain and his plans for Ninjago. 

Yet, Nadakhan wasn't happy. Having the ninja scattered and losing their memories meant easier targets for him and less chance of them thwarting his plans once again. It likely won't be long for the rebels to regain the ninjas' memories, and with their counterparts added to the mix, that meant twice the trouble for the pirate captain. 

Nadakhan stopped his pacing to look down at his sword. The gem in the center gave a soft glow when he squeezed the handle. He focused on it until the glow shifted to a bright red. Flames erupted from the blade briefly before the pirate extinguished it. 

He had captured the fire ninja's copy. Nadakhan had expected that the power he drew from the counterpart would be the same as it was when he captured the original fire master long ago, but he had to admit, there was something different. 

This fire element did indeed burn bright, but as the pirate should have guessed, it did not allow him to make a connection with the land of Ninjago. You see, the more Nadakhan collected in his Djinn Blade, the more control he had over the weapon... and the powers drawn from its prisoners. 

He had thrown the four Explorer's Club members from before into his blade, which gave him a bit more strength, but they are just regular people. When one of the ninja is collected, though. When those beings of elemental power were absorbed into the blade, it doubled Nadakhan's strength ten fold. Not only that, but it allowed the pirate captain to shape the land mass, rip out huge chunks of it, so he could recreate his home realm. 

With the ninja's powers and the sword's natural wishing magic combined, the Djinn Blade made Nadakhan nearly unstoppable the first time he fought against the ninja. 

This fire element, though. The one that was now trapped inside Nadakhan's blade, his elemental energy alone, unlike his counterpart, did not allow the pirate access in shaping the land of Ninjago.

It was strange to say the least. He had thought that the teen's power was weakened by something at first, but Nadakhan knew that wasn't the case when he tried to ignite his blade with fire earlier that night. The flames erupted so fast that it shot through his ceiling, burning a large hole in the wood. The fire inside the sword was wild, almost untamable. It was similar to the original ninja's power, yet it was still very different.

When Nadakhan closed his eyes and focused, he could even feel all sources of heat within a ten mile radius, which included the members of his crew. It was like he was perfectly in tune with the fire ninja's element. An element that, instead of being a source for creation like the original fire ninja, was a pure primal form of elemental energy that turned the pirate's sword into one dangerous weapon for combat.