The tournament begin!

LDS Stadium

And here we are at this point: the Maiami championship.

All of us from You Show were in the stadium hall, the others were worried because Yuya wasn't here with us and they thought he wouldn't show up, unlike me who was sure he would show up. Leaving aside possible delays and other theories I had left the group with the excuse that I wanted to visit the stadium when in reality I wanted a moment with myself to reflect on what will happen during the tournament.

As i know from this point on things will start to get more serious and the truth about the war will come out along with the first victims. I am aware that unfortunately I will not be able to save all the poor duelists who will participate in this tournament though: War is war and it wants its victims. I won't lie and say the thought alone scares me. Previously when you looked at it from behind a screen you knew it was only a function and that none of what you saw was only fiction but in my case now that I am no longer a spectator but a "character" who takes part in this function which now it has become a reality, I am really afraid that because of my choices it could influence various situations either positively or negatively.

"Damn, who knew taking part in a war unwittingly could be scary."

The emperor's key lit up, gold particles came out of it and then merged and formed Astral which was now next to me.

"What's going on Yuma? Is something wrong?"

"No, just the fact that unfortunately some participants in this tournament will end up being turned into cards and the fact that I won't be able to do anything to save them makes me feel slightly bad, the fact is that I know the things that are happening but I can't do anything to prevent them from happening."

“I know how you feel, would you believe me if I told you that I would also like to do something about what happens during the tournament?”

"Really? Then I'm not the only one who thinks so."

"indeed, but there is nothing we can do. The only thing we have to do is that our presence does not further alter the events to come otherwise we could find ourselves facing serious trouble in the future."

I looked up at the entrance and saw Yuya enter as he ran. I smiled as I walked back to the group after hearing Astral's words.

"I hope it's as you say."

Later

After entering the stadium and hearing Yuya's oath of fair play we were now all seeing who we would duel against.

The first to reveal his duel was Yuya.

"I'm dueling Sawatari."

I smiled for the match, who knows if the duel will be the same as the original? What questions, obviously not.

Then it was Yuzu's turn.

"Mine is this afternoon against... Masumi?

"Yuzu don't be afraid, you worked hard in case this would have happened. Know that in my opinion now you are able to beat her, so don't be afraid and show the results of your training."

Next it was the chibi trio's turn

"Mine is tomorrow." Tatsuya said.

"Mine is today." Futoshi said.

"Mine too." Ayu added.

Followed by that of Gongenzaka

"Mine is tomorrow, against Gen. This must be destiny..."

Yes... right... destiny...

At least it will be satisfying to see because I bet no one has ever tolerated that character.

"And what about you two?" Yuya asked both me and Sora.

"It's still deciding."

A few more seconds passed and finally the image of my opponent appeared and I was quite surprised to see him.

"Sora?"

"Sora?" Yuzu said surprised

"Yes and we will duel tomorrow." he confirmed

With this everyone began to wonder why this pairing.

"It seems you have attracted Akaba Reiji's interest despite keeping a low profile." Astral told me.

"Just that? I think Kurosaki gave him the idea for this duel, surely as in other stories I've read he wants me to unmask Sora's true identity so as to be sure that I'm not another spy from the fusion dimension and to earn his trust." I replied.

"Well Sora, let's make sure to give everyone a good show during our duel."

"You bet."

Then a smile appears on his face and this meant that inside he was happy because as a good soldier he is, he hopes to be able to have his prey, but unfortunately this prey will turn into a predator.

Having said that, we all went to take seats in the audience to watch the duels of: Ayu, Futoshi and Yuzu.

As per canon, unfortunately Ayu lost to Reira due to the C/C/C fusion monster. Then came Futoshi's turn and he won easily against Trevor. Finally the duel took place between Yuzu and Masumi who managed to take revenge for the humiliation she had suffered the first time during the clash between the schools.

-------------------

The corner of the Numbers

In a room that looks like a recording studio with "The corner of the Numbers" written on it, we can find Yuma Utadakara with headphones in front of a microphone.

"Hello duelists of all ages and welcome back to the "The corner of the Numbers. Unfortunately compared to the other times there is no one to share the place with."

Yuma settles at the center of the table.

"Well ... what to say? The tournament started and I have not received any request from you readers to make me duel with some character of your creation or yourself. This was a little sad, but I understand if you had no intention of do it. Having said that, sorry if I cut so short but I have to prepare for the next duel against Sora. "

"Having said that, that's all for today's chapter. I hope you will continue to have fun with Zexal Hope."

"Here is Yuma, goodbye and see you in the next chapter."

"BYE!"