August, Sunday 21

This has been the most boring weekend of all my life.

Once again, instead of going out and getting familiar with my neighborhood, I'm stuck in my bedroom, unboxing. Truly unboxing. With half of the boxes opened, I got no other choice than get everything out, and start organizing all my stuff. As I'm hanging my clothes in the closet, I can't help but think that maybe I should try to become a minimalist. Maybe that way, instead of unboxing ten boxes, I get to unbox only three.

The empty boxes are flattened and piled outside my bedroom. When I'm done with the third one, my desk is finally box-free, and I can place my laptop there. Man, what would I give to give up with what I'm doing and just sit in front of my computer, and play videogames for hours.

But, I'm pretty sure if my mom finds out, she would ground me with no laptop for a month, and that would be the worst that can happent to me right now, since classes are about to start and I need the laptop to do my homework. How am I gonna get to check google and Wikipedia without it?

So, my League of Legends, Genshin and Steam accounts will have to wait for now. Today, I gotta unbox, unbox, unbox, until it looks like this room has been my bedroom since a decade ago, and not 48 hours.

All of my clothes are finally either hanged or folded. My other two bed sets find their place on top of my closet, where they will remain until winter and summer start, respectively. My desk finally receives the rest of my stationery: pencils, pens, highlighters, books, etc., while my backpack is hanging in my chair.

I'm hanging my new uniform on a hanger, so I can take it to my mom and ask her to iron it for me, when a tune starts to sound. A piano. I look around me. It takes me a couple of seconds to realize that, whichever is that classical piece, it's not coming from my place, but from outside.

I get close to my window, and open it. The tune sounds now a little bit clearer, altho it still sounds a bit far away. I take a minute to listen carefully, and finally I get to the conclusion it comes from my neighbor's house. Since it's no longer raining today, my neighbors have the door that takes to the terrace wide open, and since it's a windy day, the curtains waltz slowly.

I definitely don't know that tune. To be honest, I kinda suck when it's about things like that. I'm not cut for appreciating classical music. Instead, if you ask me about the abilities, stats, and lore of any of the one hundred sixty-two champs of League of Legends, I could answer immediately.

Still, despite me not knowing what I'm currently listening, I end up staying there, next to my window, just listening, for a couple more minutes. It's a funny feeling. Whatever is floating in the air, it's producing me a calming effect, specially before the idea that I start classes tomorrow, at a totally new school, with totally new classmates.

 Whatever is floating in the air, it's producing me a calming effect, specially before the idea that I start classes tomorrow, at a totally new school, with totally new classmates

Happy weekend!

Ribo~