Chapter - 17

He placed her gently in the back seat of the car, the urgency of the situation fueling his movements

He placed her gently in the back seat of the car, the urgency of the situation fueling his movements. Her pale face and closed eyes haunted him as he sped toward the nearest clinic, every second feeling like an eternity.

In a remote area where the engagement party was held, there were no hospitals nearby. There was a small clinic relatively closer, and he decided to rush her there.

His mind raced with worry. What had caused her to faint? Was it the overwhelming crowd, the anxiety of the unfamiliar faces? Or was it something more serious? Guilt began to gnaw at him. He should have been there, should have protected her from this ordeal.

The clinic arrived, and he screeched to a halt in front of the clinic. He rushed out, calling for help as he carried her limp body into the clinic. Doctor and nurses quickly surrounded them, asking questions he couldn't answer.

The clinic staff, although limited in resources, acted swiftly. They assessed her condition, checking her vitals and providing immediate care.

He paced nervously in the cramped waiting area, anxiety growing at him. He wished he could take away her pain, her fear, and her anxiety. The guilt of not being there for her during her time of need weighed heavily on his shoulders.

Finally, a nurse emerged with reassuring news. She had fainted due to a combination of low blood pressure and anxiety. While it was a relief that her condition wasn't critical, he couldn't shake the feeling that he should have protected her better.

He was allowed to see her, and as he stood by her bedside, watching her peaceful form, he realized that despite the complexities of their relationship, he couldn't bear the thought of losing her. This incident had brought into sharp focus just how much she meant to him, even if he couldn't admit it.

 This incident had brought into sharp focus just how much she meant to him, even if he couldn't admit it

__________________________________________

As she slowly regained consciousness, her surroundings were hazy, and her thoughts tangled in a confusing web of memories. She felt disoriented, unable to distinguish between dreams and reality. The blurry figure by her side began to take shape, and in her fragile state, she mistook him for someone else.