Lonely in Black: Prologue

It has been an entire week since Alan Bloomgate found Hannah Donfort. An entire week since Ever saw the Man Without A Face's true identity: Richy Rogers. As devastated as she was, that's not what her mind was focused on at all. All she could think about was HIM. She couldn't help but worry. Was he able to escape the mines and evade the FBI? She had been watching the news every waking moment, but there was nothing about a wanted hacker. They covered the explosion and that they had found Hannah, but nothing else. She checked her phone after what had been a solid hour and saw that the group chat had flooded her notifications. 'Ever? Where are you?? Are you alright??' Mostly from Lilly, but Cleo and Dan as well. She finally decided to answer them.

Ever: Hey guys.

Lilly: Oh my goodness, Ever! There you are!

Dan: Heeyyyy, there's my boo!

Ever: Dan 😩 You gotta stop with the weird nicknames.

Cleo: Hey, Ever? Jessy hasn't come online in a while, and we are all worried about her😕 We were thinking of going to see her, but we weren't sure if she's ready for that yet.

Ever: Well, I'm sure she just needed a little time. Finding out the truth about Richy hit her pretty hard, I can imagine😕

Lilly: Hey, Ever? Have you umm.. heard from Jake?

There it was. The name she couldn't bring herself to say out loud.

"Jake."