Chapter Two: Running

EVER POV

After talking with Jessy,  my mission was now crystal clear.  It was time for me to go to Duskwood. She gave me the details on how to get there,  since the internet didn't seem to know it even existed.  It takes a flight and a train ride to get there,  so I'm in for quite a long trip here.  I don't know how long I will be there for,  so I pack for enough stuff for at least two weeks' worth.  Thankfully, my job allows me to work from wherever,  and I don't have to go in. Okay, it's time to go over my list of everything I'm going to need over there. I need to remember to take out some cash and get it exchanged since it's not located in the same country as me.  I start reading on the internet of what I'll need for my trip over there,  such as what the weather is going to be. Thanks to my virtual tour with Jessy,  I at least know that it will probably be a bit cooler, considering all of the forest surroundings.  My flight is at 7:00 PM, so I've got maybe four hours to go to the store, get some travel needs, like , and finish packing before I have to get to the airport.  I look at my phone: no new messages.  I take a deep breath, pull up his chat, and start to type.

"Hey,  Jake.  It's Ever. I hope you're okay.  I know you made me promise, but the case is over now.  I want to keep our other promises to meet each other in Duskwood. I hope I'll see you soon."

*
*
*
JAKE POV

After finally finding an exit to this labyrinth of a mine,  I crawl out.  It took a while,  but at least there's nobody guarding this site.  It's still dark outside, I check the time on my phone, and it shows: 04:27 AM.

I breathe a sigh of relief for a moment before realizing that I am several miles away from the nearest town.  Even further away from Duskwood. I can't go back there right now,  even though all of my equipment is still in that room I rented from someone who doesn't ask too many questions.  It's best for me to keep moving on to the next town over and continue hiding out until it is safe enough for me to go back and get my stuff. So,  I guess I better start walking.

*
*
*
*
EVER POV

It's 5:45 pm already? Well,  I guess I have been keeping busy while waiting to head off to the airport. I've double-checked everything off of my list, so I guess I'm pretty much ready.  I've got all of my anti- anxiety meds, my antidepressants,  and most importantly,  my sleeping pills for the flight and for any other nights that I can't sleep.  My stomach grumbles, and I realize that I haven't had anything to eat all day except coffee.  I know it's not really a 'food' but it is a big part of my life and I have no intention of changing that any time soon,  so,  leave me alone. 

I don't really feel like cooking since I'm leaving in less than 2 hours,  so I'll just go grab something from the Café down the street.  I head outside and see the café has quite a bit of a line.  Well,  it is dinner time,  I guess a lot of other people had the same idea as me.  

After grabbing my food,  I hurry home because I really do not want to miss my flight.  I eat in silence, trying really hard not to focus on the sound of chewing since it is probably one of my biggest pet peeves.  I want to watch a show on my phone,  but know that it needs to be charged as much as possible so I can use it on the flight. I finish my food quickly and take the trash out so I don't come back to a bug infested apartment. 

I pull out my phone and look at the time.  18:25 pm. Time to go!

*At the Airport*

Ugh.  Finally, I made it here.  And just in time, too! My flight is leaving in 20 minutes,  so I have enough time to empty out my tiny bladder, so I hopefully won't have to go on the plane.  Because that thought is terrifying. I'm not sure why I'm so anxious about public bathrooms,  maybe it's the thought of other people's germs, or the fact that anyone nowadays can just walk into any public bathroom and get away with it.  Who knows? After washing my hands,  I grab all of my luggage,  yes, it is all bright teal because one,  it's the best color next to black,  and two,  they all match so it should not be easy to lose. At least,  that's the hope.  I get on my flight,  find my seat,  thank God, it's a window seat.  I'm slightly claustrophobic,  but I have to always be in the corner to feel safe.  Don't ask me why,  because not even my therapist knows the answer to that. 

I brought my headphones so I can just focus on my music or TV show,  whichever I end up doing. I take my anti anxiety medicine and my sleeping pill, with a little bit of water,  so I don't refill my now empty bladder.  And with that,  the flight attendant has guided everyone,  and instructs everyone to take a seat,  and all of the emergency information.  30 minutes down,  7 hours left to go.