Chapter Eleven: Heavy

EVER POV (IN THE MOTEL, TALKING WITH JAKE)

I didn't want to fight with him. I just wanted to show him how much I love him, how much he means to me. I couldn't lose him again, not after tonight.

"Jake, I.." I started to whisper, feeling my anxiety sky rocket at the thought of him having to leave.

"You will come with me, to Duskwood, where you will STAY PUT, " I said sternly, putting my foot down, as Jake started to open his mouth in protest. "No, we're not taking any chances this time, Jake!"

"Like hell, you're going to start telling me what to do and how to live my life! Is that what you think I need? A babysitter?" He laughed, bitterly. "Yeah, right! As if that's going to happen!"

"Jake! What did you think was going to happen when we finally got together? You thought I was just going to be your personal fuck buddy and let you go on your merry way?" I now had tears streaming down my cheeks, trying not to sob.

"I didn't expect you to turn into my fucking mommy!" He shouted at me.

I can feel it. The heavy air around us in this motel.

I am sitting on the bed with Jake, looking at him with angry tears on my cheeks.

"I can't fucking LOSE YOU!!!! I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO ON IF YOU LEAVE ME!!!" I yelled at him, with more and more tears filling my eyes and falling.

"And I can't put YOU at risk with me! If anything were to happen to you, I...I could never live with myself..."

He put his head in his hands.

I reach my hands out and then gently take his own hands in mine, bringing them to my chest, holding them against my heartbeat.

"Do you feel that?" I pause, letting my rapid heartbeat drum against his hands. "That is YOU. You are the one my heart beats for. No one else. You are the love of my li-!"

And at that moment, Jake's mouth crashed onto my own.

I kiss him back, feeling his tears on his face falling pretty fast, and that triggered tears of my own to run down my cheeks. This wasn't a "I want you" kiss. This was a: "You are my other half, I'm lost without you, please don't leave me" kiss.

After feeling his love for me in this one kiss, I'm dizzy. We put our foreheads together and just sit on the bed, holding each other.

"I will go to Duskwood with you, and I will stay put, out of sight." Jake whispered, sadly.

My head shot up as I heard him say this. More hot tears prick my eyes as I bring my hand towards my mouth to hide my surprise.

"Really? You'll do this for me?" I throw my arms around his neck and start kissing him all over his cute face.

Jake laughs as I attacked his face with my lips, and then rubbing our noses together, we finally lay down on the giant bed, laying my head on his chest, listening to his own rapid heartbeat.

"As much as I hate the idea of you going out and about on your own, it's not worth fighting with you about. I'm so sorry for attacking you like that, Ever.."

As I turn my head back up to look at him, I see a single tear fall from his right eye.

And then, I feel myself succumb to sleep, finally.

**Hello Everyone! I'm so sorry its such a short chapter, but I promise, the next several chapters are all written, they just need to be edited, and reviewed before I publish about 2 chapters a week over the next 5 weeks or so! :) Thank You So Much Everyone For your patience and support in my story🥹 Love You All😘**