Chapter Three: Foolish

JAKE POV

My heart stops. She can't be serious.  Does she even realize how foolish she is being right now? I never saw Richy in the whole time I was in that godforsaken mine. I saw and heard the fire,  but I never saw a body or found any trace of anything or anybody else. For all I know, Richy could still be out there just waiting for her to just waltz into his arms.  How could she be this stupid? At the same time,  I'm touched by her actions,  but that does not change the fact that this is probably the last thing she should have done. I can't understand how someone could do this so spur of the moment without any thought.  Why? Why would she do this? It's still not safe for her.  I wanted to respond to her message to tell her not to,  but when I opened our chat, I saw that before that message she had sent, was the last thing we had said to each other. 

And suddenly,  I remembered it all.   All of the memories of our conversations flooded through my whole body.  Seeing her face for the first time on her social media.  She, of course, did not know this, but I managed to find out pretty much everything there is to know about her. From what I found,  she didn't go out much,  not unless it was a special occasion.  She mostly used social media to save her photos,  poems, and other art that she was interested in.  She didn't really interact with people a whole lot. She had some friends, but none that she ever went out with.  It seemed as though she was just a shadow in an all light world.
Just like me. 
I feel tears start to fall on my cheeks while thinking of everything about her.  Her sad story.  Her loneliness. All of that jokingly about her therapist and how she understood Hannah. 

I think of how I never want her to feel that way ever again. And suddenly I find a new fire in me like I've never had before.  I need to see her. I need to touch her soft blonde hair, see the soft freckles that dust her cheeks. Hold her. 

I am at your mercy,  Ever.