Chapter 37

I was speechless. When he said we'd see each other soon I didn't think he meant the next day.

Kyoko: Y/n are you alright?

"Huh? Yeah" I said

Faraam: Maybe I should have waited to drop by.

Kyoko: Nonsense. I didn't think Y/n had any family left after the tragedy 15 years ago. To find out now is wonderful.

"Why are you here?" I asked

Faraam: I got my business cleared up with Azazel so I thought I'd visit. I'm not intruding, am I?

"It would've been nice to know ahead of time," I said

Faraam: Apologies.

Kyoko: Why dont I let you two get to know one another for a bit?

Faraam: That would be wonderful. Thank you, Kyoko.

My mom smiled and exited the room. I sat down in one of the chairs and just stared straight ahead for a few minutes.

Faraam: I feel like this is a bad time.

"It's not, I just wasn't expecting you. That's all" I said

Faraam: Oh.

"Yeah," I said

Faraam: I imagine you have questions.

"A few, like where the heck you've been my whole life," I said

Faraam: I was cast out of heaven for wanting to pursue a peace treaty with the other factions. My father Gwyn, known as God to the humans, despised the other factions and wanted them all wiped out. I only just found out you even existed when Azazel sent me and the White Dragon to get Kokabiel.

"Does that make you a fallen angel?" I asked

Faraam: Yes, but I didn't lose my divine protection since I'm God's firstborn.

"What did you do after being cast out?" I asked

Faraam: At first, nothing. I wandered aimlessly until Azazel came to me. He knew I was stronger than he was, so he didn't attack me. Instead, he offered me a place to stay. For many years he and I worked together. Since I had insider knowledge of the sacred gear system, I shared all I knew and helped with his research. We created many interesting and powerful sacred gears of our own. He likes using them now and again, but I never needed to.

"How do you fight anyway?" I asked

Faraam: I have all the standard angel powers, but where I shine is in my ability to manipulate lightning. I inherited this ability from God and am the only one of my siblings to do so. My main method of combat, however, is using this.

He held out his hand. A bright light shone from it as a long object appeared. 

Faraam: I call it the dragon slayer sword spear

Faraam: I call it the dragon slayer sword spear. I've used it to slay dragons and humanoids alike. I'm sure you've heard the tale of the twin sky dragons by now, right?