Chapter 71

(3rd pov, 1 month later)

War is a concept that breeds fear, death, and catastrophe. It serves as nothing more than a catalyst for those three things. It is a stain on all who are caught up in it. War has existed since the dawn of time. Humans and supernatural entities alike have waged war for their desires. Some wars were fought over resources while others were fought to gain freedom from the oppressors.

Deep in the Underworld, a realm known to be nothing but evil, three of the supernatural factions who had once been at each other's throats had banded together. They had put aside their differences for one reason and one reason only. They all had a common enemy. The Night Sentinels had existed since before the Great War and in that time they had razed countless settlements to the ground. They pillaged, killed, abducted, raped, and enslaved anyone they saw, civilian or otherwise. They were the definition of evil. They harbored nothing but hate and animosity toward their supernatural brethren. Their leader was no different. He was a madman hellbent on destroying the Underworld, the Grigori, and eventually Heaven. Once the factions were wiped out, he would turn his sights on humanity.

Erekhan was a ruthless warrior who would stop at nothing until he had what he wanted, and what he wanted was for his son to take his place as king of Argent D'nur. Erekhan had waited for Y/n to mature and develop his powers so he would be the perfect candidate for the throne. During the fifteen years he spent waiting, the Marauder King was building an army. He had resurrected every single one of the dead Marauders and amplified their abilities tenfold. Where they had been limited to operating weapons, now they could use magic, fly, and even speak, albeit in a garbled and demonic language.

Erekhan himself had changed a lot throughout the last decade and a half. His once dark hair had turned a sickening silver and his eyes a bright blue. Beneath his clothing, he bore a scar from when Y/n had nearly blown his body to pieces. When he'd provoked the young demon, he hadn't been expecting the whole of Anor Londo's cathedral to be turned to ash. Erekhan wasn't one to be surprised, but the raw power Y/n had displayed had shocked him to his core. Never before had he seen such power, such emotion. If that was what Y/n was capable of when he was stuck in emotional turmoil, he would be a danger to every living thing in existence if he was angry.

Sitting on his throne, Erekhan twirled his chief weapon in his hands, an elegantly forged katana capable of using his aura's magic signature as pure energy. Now more than ever he wanted to get his hands on Y/n. Some might even say he was desperate. So desperate in fact that he would kill anyone who got in his way, even his men. Artorias had been on the verge of rejecting the darkness he once harbored. Had he succeeded, Erekhan would not have managed to escape Anor Londo. The Abysswalker had brought down the father of the abyss, a being so powerful that not even God wanted to deal with him. If only Artorias had realized just how much power he truly possessed, then maybe things would have ended differently for him.

The large wolf sitting beside the throne perked its ears up as it stood tall. Erekhan scratched its head as he awaited the messenger that would be arriving. Over the last few days, spies sent out had reported back with very interesting news. The alliance had begun assembling its troops, which could mean only one thing. They were preparing for battle. Y/n would surely be taking part, as would Faraam, for they were the only ones who could bring down the Marauder King. Just then, the doors leading into the throne room burst open. A single Marauder walked in and kneeled. The wolf growled softly but was silenced by a wave of Erekhan's hand.

Erekhan: Speak.

Marauder: господару, носам итни вести. (My lord, I bring urgent news.)

Erekhan: Go on.

Marauder: Непријателот собра голем број војници во границите на Шулва. (The enemy has amassed a large number of troops within the borders of Shulva.)