4: Damp Moss - Illness

June 14th

Stolas gave Anthony one last hug before Anthony went off running into the street and back, hopefully, to his apartment.

Stolas' chest felt warm as he locked the theater. Keys jangled in his hand as he placed it back.

The warm hot air breathed on his neck and Stolas froze. He could smell rain in the air.

Loona. Loona.

Something's wrong.

Something's very wrong.

The warmness disappeared. His fingers felt cold and clammy.

Octavia was working as a fashion designer, and an hour ago Stolas saw she was still located in her work studio with his phone. Anthony was with him half an hour ago and must be heading home.

Where was Loona? Today was not a school day- so she must be at home, but she said something. She said something, there was an event today and-

Why did Stolas forget?

Stolas took out his phone. He opened up his messages and scrolled to find Little Loona. He clicked on her icon. Stolas sent out messages.

June 14th, 3:15 pm

Me and Lily are going out to see
Some Like it Hot at 8pm
Don't worry, ok?

June 14th, 7:45 pm

Loona?

Are you Alright?

Luckily the text messages above informed Stolas of where she went. His poor heart had been speeding up.

Are you going to go to the musical today? Have you arrived there safely?
How is your friend, is she behaving well? Has it started yet?
Broadway can be a scary place!

Dad, I'm fine.
We're in Line.
We'll be back at 10.

Then Loona sent an image of herself with her friends. Her silver-dyed hair glinted in the darkening light of the day. There was a light sprinkle where she was at.

Stay safe, love.

Stolas turned off his phone and placed it back in his pocket. Dear, he had to check with a therapist. It was becoming more recurring, that sense of panic. How was it when he was younger, he always felt so in control?

Still, there was that feeling of uneasiness in Stolas' gut. His mother used to have something similar, whenever something went wrong.

Stolas was being ridiculous.

Everything was well.

Stolas was always a flighty bird for no reason at all. Always a flighty little bird.

Stolas and Blitzo had moved from their previous townhouse to a more well-located apartment for Blitzo. This apartment was closer to the police station, and other convenient things like food, etc. The townhouse, although lovely, was expensive. The prices in New York increase drastically every year. Stolas was a rich man, but he was not rolling in dough.

Stolas carried two white plastic bags with his free arm to the building. His keys jingled quietly. A tired yawn left his lips.

After theater practice, Stolas had to do some chores. First was making stops in uptown New York, talking to his family, old money and new money. Socializing was a hassle with some of his family, but Stolas had to keep up his reputation. Stolas' family could tear him apart if he took one step out of line. Money can't buy happiness. Second, Stolas did a presentation at a Charity event for foster kids. Third, he bought groceries. By the time Stolas arrived at the building, his watch had marked one a.m. His phone was long dead.