10: Cool Water - 2 :DRAFT:

3670 words
SORRY GUYS I CAN'T CUT THIS PART TO SMALLER PIECES PLEASE READ THROUGH:>

TODAY July 3rd

Singin' in the Rain!

ACT 1
SCENE 1

Hollywood Premiere of A silent film Royal Rascal starring Lina Lamont and Don Lockwood. Announcer stands behind a microphone announcing the stars who arrive at the scene. There is a crowd eager and excited, waiting for Don and Lina.

ANNOUNCER
Look at Zelda the flapper. Isn't she marvelous with the world's most eligible bachelor?

The crowd cheers.

ZELDA shows off her emerald, green flapper dress, twirling it around. She poses beside the ANNOUNCER.

While the ANNOUNCER chit-chats with ZELDA and her COMPANION, Anthony stands behind the curtain watching the play act out. His eyes scanned over the faces in the crowd. Even with the bright spotlight against him, Anthony saw two familiar faces.

Vox and Valentino sat in the front row. Vox looked bored, while Valentino observed fully attentively. His face was placid and expressionless. Hands relaxed on both sides of his legs.

That mask of indifference will be torn off in no time. That asshole was going to enjoy and invest in this show.

There were a few others in the crowd: Foxy, a theater lady who had acted and directed a few of her own broadways; family members, proud or jealous of their relatives; and friends, supporting their fellow actors.

Anthony couldn't spot Alastor though. From this angle, Anthony just couldn't spot him. A dainty hand tapped his shoulder. Josephine— Lina, actually, stands beside him. A nervous smile on her lips with a white fur scarf tied around her neck.

Josephine whispers, "ready Don?"

"Ready as ever, Lina," Anthony whispered back.

The crowd claps once more as another couple passes by into the premiere theater, hidden back away behind the curtains.

DON and LINA stroll on to the stage.

ANNOUNCER
Oh my god is that? Could it be? It's Lina Lamont and Don Lockwood! The stars of the show! The most romantic pair in the streets of Hollywood!

DON and Lina squeeze through the commotion, smiling and laughing.

ANNOUNCER
Do tell, are you and Lina sweethearts?

DON
Well, No we're just good friends.

ANNOUNCER continues to ask questions.

Anthony already knows how to react, smile and talk like it was any other day. His words are so ingrained in his mind, it takes no effort to lie. Anthony acts bashfully, laughs, and nods. Anthony tries his best to refocus, but his eyes wander — in character, but also unconsciously— back to the audience here and there.

Where in the world was Alastor?

While Don tries to include the audience, Angel's trying to spot Alastor, but all he saw was Valentino's hidden but disgusted face. The snear that was threatening to break out Valentino's flawless artificial skin.

Madonna Maria. The gun in his innercoat burned against his skin. How fucking tempting it was to blow off his face. How much Anthony just wanted to see a bullet hole straight through Val's brain. Laugh at the asshole's surprise as the blood drips down, but he'll kill later.