Part 48

I was surprised to find Stanley standing near my bedroom door, slightly turned away, a layer of his soft blue colour dress flew in the morning air making him look like a god descended from the sky. He seemed to be deep in thought, almost to the point I didn't want to interrupt him. I quietly looked around noticing that he was alone. I wondered if he'd wanted to meet me and spend time with me or if he was just standing there for no reason. I took in a deep breath and walked to him and spoke first.

"Prince Stanley," I called his name softly.

When he turned toward me, I gracefully curtsied just the way we do in vampire land and met his beautiful blue eyes. He seemed to be in a good mood today, contrary to the hateful looks he gives me when our eyes meet.

"Sophia," He said and looked at me with his deep blue eyes. The way he called my name with his deep tone sent butterflies down my stomach. I smiled and took a step closer to him.

He hesitated to speak.

"Prince Stanley, do you have anything to say to me?" I asked with a beaming smile. His presence alone makes me happy and lifts my spirit to the moon. Maybe just maybe he understood my love. A thin line of hope bloomed within me.

"Would you mind taking a walk with me?" He asked with a tight smile. I nodded eagerly and looped my hands around his arms happily. He looked like he wanted to pull away from me when a frown formed on his face but he didn't say anything and allowed me to walk with him. This was the best day of my life. I couldn't get any happier.

When we walked to the garden he stopped and pulled away from me gently. "There is something you need to know." He said and for some reason, I felt in my heart that this conversation was not going to end well looking at his expression. I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked at him.

"I know after our last meeting I avoided you but you must know that I have no interest in you. I love Kristen and she is my mate and there is no space for another woman in my heart." His words made my blood boil. He didn't even care about how I would feel. His eyes locked into mine I blinked furiously as tears welled behind my eyes.

"I am really sorry if I gave you any wrong ideas but you must know I am not the man for you." He says and his eyes lingered on me for a second. Another round of tears made its way to my cheeks. I sniffed.

"What you feel towards her is not true. She is not your mate. I am." I said confidently to him. He looked at me sharply while his eyes darkened.

"What makes you think you are my mate?"

"Because I feel it. I am blessed with two mates and I have the power to choose. When I first saw you I realized it." I told him. He frowned and looked confused.

"How can a person have two mates?" He questioned.

"I don't know. My grandma was a powerful witch too and she could see the future. She told me that I must choose between good and evil and I am blessed with two mates."

He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "Sophia, even if what your grandma said is true, the mate bond is not felt by only one person, only your partner will feel the bond and I don't feel it with you." I snapped at him in my head.

"Maybe your true love is the other person. Have you met him?"

"No, and I don't want to. Even if I meet him he will be evil. I do not want to choose evil." I said with no space for argument.

"Who are you truly? What is your true identity?" He asked in a dark tone and looked at me like he stepped on some dirt. How can his expression flip within a second? I wondered. "We all know that you have dark powers within you and you have not mentioned it to any of us. You dared to hurt Kristen and now you're trying to come between us."