Part 24.

John's P.O.V

He feels his trip to London has been a complete waste, frustrated that his father kept him in the dark about seeking Linda's help. Doubts swirl in his mind—was it all just a coincidence?

The guards outside the dining hall bow their heads as a furious William storms past them, and I follow closely behind. I glance at the King, casually seated with his council, but their conversation halts when they see us. William's expression becomes blank as the King gestures for us to sit.

Resentment boils in me towards the council members, who blindly obey the King. William takes his place beside the King, with me at his side. The tension is thick, and I wonder what will happen next.

"How was your trip?" the King asks casually.

"Everything is taken care of," William replies irritably. The King simply nods, sipping blood from his chalice.

William toys with his food, not daring to voice his thoughts. Despite being Prince, he feels powerless.

"I believe Ms. Linda is here?" William finally asks.

"Yes. I summoned her to help Kristen. Within a week, she should be ready to display her powers," the King replies, irritation seeping through.

"A week?" William's tone sharpens.

"Yes. We don't have much time; the girl must serve her purpose or lose her life," he says pointedly at William. Confusion spreads among the council members; they seem unaware of the King's plans.

"She needs more time. I don't think she's ready yet, Father," William raises his voice.

The King glares at him.

"I see you've taken a liking to her. Remember, she is not your mate; she is merely a weapon. Your job was to deliver her to me unharmed, and that's it. Keep your distance. I'll handle the rest," he says coldly.

"Father, she is my friend. She trusts no one but me, and it's my job to keep her safe," William grits his teeth, anguish lacing his words. "She's scared but will help us. She's not just a weapon we can discard. We should treat her with respect."

I squeeze his hand under the table, my knuckles turning white, signaling him to calm down. "Calm down," I finally say, my voice steady. "Don't let him see how much you care. The more you try to protect her, the more he'll want to harm her." William furrows his brow at my words.

The King growls, "I know her value. Do not interfere in my plans. You will keep your distance from her and let us handle this our way. Is that understood?" His roar makes everyone flinch, and the spoon clatters onto his plate.

"Yes, Father," William replies, defeated.

"Leave now." We exit the room without hesitation.

"What is going on here?" William asks as we step into his dimly lit room, moonlight casting shadows. His eyes burn with fiery red anger, and I'm momentarily taken aback by the rage in them.

I explain the situation, and he listens calmly, tension simmering in the air.

"I must meet Linda. Bring her to the meeting room," he says, striding past me with determination.

As Linda stepped into the meeting room, I saw William looking annoyed and restless. "Hello, William," She greet him, trying to mask her own tension.

"Why are you here?" he snaps, his tone sickeningly cold, echoing ominously around us.

"To help Kristen," She replied, keeping her expression neutral. His brows furrow, and his eyes shift to a calculating glare.

"Are you helping my father turn her into a weapon?" he hisses, his fangs flashing and eyes flaring red as he advances toward her, an intimidating presence.