Part 53

"I think something bad is about to happen." The maid who was helping me trailed off, looking around uneasily. I gave her a curious look.

"Why would you say that?"

"I heard the maids talking about something last night. Something serious, and they all look terrified when they are around you. You should be careful, princess." She said it worriedly. I just smiled at her.

I sat in front of the mirror to do my hair. I tied my hair to a loose plate, with some strands hanging loosely on my face. I wore a white floor-length gown matched with a dark blue belt and a pair of heels matching it. The look was simple yet elegant. I painted my lips red, which complimented my look. Looks never mattered to me, but for such an important day, I had to dress up. I took a last glance at my reflection and exited the room.

When I reached the stairs of the long hallway, I saw the man from last night with silver hair. He was wearing a black suit with a clean white shirt. His hair was neatly combed back, exposing his godly features like his high cheekbones, firm jawline, and nose, which enhanced his features. I just stood there, admiring his good looks. His eyes drifted to mine, and I realised he caught me staring at him. A small smile crept to his lips. I quickly moved my gaze to the woman who was walking next to him. The woman had dark hair, and she wore a white gown similar to mine. We would have looked like sisters if only I had great looks like her. As if reading my mind, she locked her gaze with me and smiled brightly. I smiled back and moved to greet them.

"You do look like my sister, though." She said I was smiling when I bowed my head to greet her. "It's a shame; I am 1000 years older than you." She said humorously and smiled.

"1000 years? Wow!" I mumbled.

"You look gorgeous." The man complimented me. I smiled brightly, looking at him.

"I am Kristen." I introduced myself to him and extended my hand for him to take.

"I am Lord Zephyr." He said he took my hand and shook it lightly. I felt a spark within me when our eyes met, and I was pulled into a memory.

The vision took me to the war, which took place when I was an infant. The powers of 100 witches were passed onto me. I was engulfed in powerful magic, and I cried in pain, waggling my small feet and kicking the air. A man hid himself behind a tree and watched the women die one by one after passing their powers to me. "The child cannot handle that much power; we must do something." A woman says beside him: His eyes change colour to a deep red, and he extends his hand in front of him in a sudden movement. A bright white light shoots out of his palm and forms a circle, covering my small frame. He was protecting me. I could feel that. After several minutes, the last witch died, and that was the first time my eyes changed colour. He came out of hiding and saw me floating in the air, covered in a small blanket. He took me in his arms and smiled at me. "You are born for a greater cause, little one." He says and smiles at me. "I will protect you." He says and strokes my cheek, and I hold onto his pointer finger with my small hands. He smiled brightly, looking the same. I was pulled out of my vision, and I took a step back, pulling my hand away from him. 

Lady Seraphina looked at both of us and started stepping down the stairs, giving us space to talk.

Tears welled up in my eyes when I looked at him. I knew deep inside that I had some connection with him. He took a step forward and wiped the tears from my cheek. "Why do you always cry when we meet?" He asks with a smile, and I hug him tightly. I cried some more. Stanley stood silently near the door frame of our room and watched us from afar. When he heard me cry, he started walking towards us worriedly. Lord Zephyr smiled again and pulled me away gently from the hug. "You grew up to be a beautiful woman, just like your mother." I smiled and asked. "Really?"