10) Beautiful Views

We had been hiking for about three hours now. This one was harsher than the one on the trail. It involved going over way more rocks and almost falling a few times.

"I'm starting to wonder how you enjoy half the things you do,"He sighed, almost completely out of breath.

"Honestly, me too. Don't worry about it there. We're almost there,"I promised.

"When people do something they like they usually know why,"He pointed out.

"Yeah? Well, I thought you figured out I'm not most people by now."

"Trust me. I know. That doesn't mean I'm any less confused."

"Confusing people is almost like my job. I could be a millionaire if it was."

"Trust me. I know that too."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"You look like you need a break,"I commented.

"No. If I stop I'm not going to want to get back up,"He admitted.

"Dramatic much? You act like we're crawling through a desert."

"My bad. We're only going up an entire mountain on an unmarked path. That's so simple,"He deadpanned.

"It is not an entire mountain. Besides, we're stopping for now anyway,"I shrugged, climbing up the last rock.

"If you were going to stop anyway why'd you ask?"He complained as he trudged behind me. I didn't say anything as I took his hand to pull him up.

"Because Aris, this is the spot,"I informed him, looking out.

"Woah,"He said, completely speechless.

"Yeah. It's nice, isn't it?"I asked, sitting by the edge. From here you could see miles upon miles of land. The real kicker however, was the towns. From tree tops, to houses, to the people who look like ants, this place was my favorite sight.

"I don't think I want to leave here, ever,"He remarked.

"Well, we can't exactly stay up here all night. There are still animals and all that,"I pointed out.

"No. Not that. I don't think I want to leave this camp."

"You wanted to leave at the gate,"I reminded him.

"Yeah, but I hadn't met you yet,"He whispered.

I didn't do anything to hide the blush on my face this time. Instead, I just reached over and grabbed his hand. He didn't question it. In fact, he intertwined our fingers.

At that moment the world was just him and I. Nobody and nothing else mattered. Not even the view from up here.

The reason for that is obvious. I'd much rather look at him. Aris Jones, my absolute opposite in every way, who still manages to match me just perfectly, who doesn't doubt my ideas, the boy full of surprises, him. That's the person I never want to stop looking at.

Plus, he does have a nice face.