13) Beautiful and Bittersweet Confessions

"Where are we going?"I repeated for the thousandth time.

"Somewhere,"He shrugged, not answering.

"How specific,"I mumbled, still walking beside him. We had passed most places with people a while ago, and while I enjoyed the quiet my curiosity was killing me.

"What? Are you bored?"He asked.

"Why would I be bored?"I wondered.

"It's no city life."

"Seriously? I'll take the peace over the city any day of the week,"I said firmly.

"That's what they all say."

"Well as you kindly pointed out this very day you and I are not most people,"I reminded him.

"That's because it's the truth,"He responded, letting go of my hand. He seemed lost in thought as he stared straight ahead. I followed his line of sight to see a two story, white, well put together house. His eyes seemed to gleam with memories, and I recognized that look anywhere. Reuniting with home after being gone for so long, especially for the first time, can really make you stop and think.

"You live here, don't you?"I asked.

"Yeah. Home sweet home,"He nodded before walking forward. I didn't question him as I did the same.

He came to a wooden door and pushed it open. He stood there and gestured for me to follow him inside.

"You were pretty confident nobody was home,"I remarked.

"Trust me. There wasn't even a doubt,"He shrugged. I nodded and followed him down a hall and into a kitchen.

"Here,"He said, pulling a box out of his pantry and tossing the entire thing to me. I caught it and looked to see it was fruit snacks.

"Shuck yeah. You have the good kind,"I commented, pulling the sour one's out.

"I have all kinds."

"Then, you have excellent taste,"I complimented, tossing it back to him. He pulled out a pack for himself before putting it up.

"Come on. I'm going to show you something,"He said, urging me to follow him upstairs. I didn't hesitate to do so, looking at the walls as I did. They were almost empty. Besides some random pieces of artwork it was basically nothing. No pictures or anything even close to showing a family lived here.

"Right on here,"He stated, opening a door. I followed him in to see a shockingly clean room. Blue bedsheets were fit over a mattress, and he had an insanely organized bookcase complete. A couple of neatly folded hoodies laid on a chair beside it. Unsurprisingly, headphones, CDs, and other music related things had their own space.

"Wow. Do you clean for fun or something?"I asked.

"No. I'm just organized."

"That's an understatement,"I said, looking at the book series. A particular one caught my eye.

"What's The Maze Runner?"I asked.

"It's a dystopia. That's why it's next to The Hunger Games."

"You're telling me the books have their own place too?"I questioned.

"Yeah, but I didn't bring you up here so you could judge my room."

"I'm not judging. I'm just amazed you have the patience to do this,"I admitted.

"Well, I get bored sometimes. Now come on,"He repeated, pushing his window open. He ducked his head as he stepped onto the roof.

"I climb one tree, and now you just want me to hop on the roof with you?"I asked.