Epilogue

Even though my friends had the common decency to join me this year they weren't the actual exciting part of camp. Usually, they're the best part. Then, I met Aris. They knew about him. Honestly, I talked about him more than I'd like to admit.

"Y/N, is this guy even real?"Minho asked as I kept my lookout for Aris.

"Of course he is,"I shrugged, keeping my focus on finding him.

"You've been saying thirty minutes now,"Newt sighed.

"Maybe he's just in hiding. Like a forest creature who only comes out in the dead of night,"Thomas joked.

Except, I think he's on exactly the right track.

"That's it. The forest. Why didn't I think of that?"I asked as I started running for the trees. They ran after me as if afraid I would get lost in a place I had spent almost every night in last year.

"Y/N?! Why are we running?!"Teresa yelled as I sprinted faster.

I stopped as I was by our tree. He wasn't there. Why? He said he was coming. He promised just last night.

"Looking for me?"He asked from a few tree branches above me.

"No Aris. I'm looking for the evil goblin that lives here,"I deadpanned, rolling my eyes.

"Has she gone insane?"Minho asked, probably not having heard him. I paid it no mind. In fact, I didn't pay anything else any mind.

"Maybe just a little bit,"Frypan answered.

That's when he skillfully dropped from the tree and directly in front of me. He was really here.

"You kept it,"He whispered, looking at my wrist. I was obviously sporting my usual piece jewelry. The bracelet was the only one I had on everyday. It didn't matter if it matches my outfit. After all, red is the color of rebellion.

"I never take it off,"I admitted.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one,"He said, showing off his.

"I missed you,"I sighed, placing a soft kiss to his lips. Like always his fit on mine as perfectly as ever.

"Ahem,"Newt fake coughed. I always seem to forget that there are others in the world whenever we're together.

I pulled away and gestured to my friends.

"Aris, meet my friends. Friends, meet my camp buddy,"I (sort of) introduced.

"Hey. You're not as much trouble as Y/N, right?"Newt asked, desperate for a third person who follows rules to join our friend group.

"I guess you'll find out,"He shrugged.

Yeah. This was going to be another unforgettable summer.