~CHAPTER 11~

Warning:
-Mentioning of a paralysed state

Characters:
-Murder/Dust
-Horror
-Reaper/Death
-Reaper!tale Papyrus

. . .

Murder's POV

I don't understand Horror at times. Why would he make jokes if he didn't want me to laugh at them? Well.. I admit I find them genuinely funny, but when I let a laugh slip, he goes silent. It's truly confusing to me. Does he want me to laugh or not? Is he seriously embarrassed about his jokes? Or maybe my laugh is capable of making him feel that way. I'm not exactly sure how or why it would, if that were to be the case, but I have way more important things to focus on at the moment.

I crouch-run swiftly through the bushes, my 'ears' held sharp to listen for any sounds relating to my opponent. The wind of my speed blows in my 'ears', but they remain completely observant. For quite some time I maneuver through the vegetation, not even bothering to check how far Horror is behind me. He'll catch up.

Its been long enough with us messing around and it's about time we got this over with.

Suddenly I sense the end of the bushes and stop immediately before our coverage cut off. I listen closely and ignore the numbed sound of Horror's proceeding footsteps. I don't hear much of anything, other than the usual chirping of the birds and the swaying of the leaves of the trees and pretty much whatever other sounds you would hear in any normal forest. All appears to be still and it makes me wonder where Reaper had gone. Is it okay for me to peer through the bushes and check? I'm not sure how that would end up, especially if I get caught. The thought of being captured sends shrills down my spine, but I ignore the uncomfortable feeling and listen out intensely for ANY additional sound that might go off. Once I am met with nothing, I frown slightly. Sighing softly, I mutter under my breath as I decide to take the risk.

I dig out a peephole through the bushes, attempting to make as little noise with the plant as possible. I position my eye to stare out of the hole and the sight I am met with leaves me taken aback for a few seconds. Reaper was completely relaxed against an odd tree positioned in the centre of the area. A dark, ebony blanket provides bodily comfort underneath his legs and I notice he was seemingly asleep. I don't want to believe he had let down his gaurd this easily because things are never that simple. I try to think out an appropriate manner to handle this situation, but only one pops up into my mind. Jump out and go for the swipe. I breathe softly, finally peering back at Horror.

He was already staring back at me, an indescribable expression on his face. However, his eyes shone clear. He was waiting eagerly for my instructions and, whatever decision I were to make, he would give his full trust and cooperation to make it come true. A warm feeling surfaces in my soul and I recognize it from its previous appearance. At times, when I'd somewhat hang out with him, this feeling would form and my cheeks would feel hot all of a sudden. Its confusing presence left me dumbstruck and I break my gaze with him, my soul suddenly pounding inside my chest. What exactly was happening to me?

I snap myself out of it and try my hardest to ignore the unknown symptoms of an unwanted state, reminding myself that I needed to place my focus on the task at hand. I look through the space again, examining the rest of the surroundings in the area Reaper was in. All I could see was bare green grass, besides the pre-named features, of course. I sigh softly to myself before turning my head back to Horror.

I gesture with my hands to tell him we were going to jump immediately into battle. I question if he understood, with a thumbs-up and a questioning expression, and his warm smile of understanding heats my cheeks up unexpectedly. I shake my head quickly before turning back towards the bushes. The confidence began to build within me and anticipation leads the dance, as I count down slowly with my fingers. Once the countdown hits zero and my fingers are closed in a fist, I pull my body back before leaping out swiftly.