⨳ 16

Yeonjun scans his surroundings, looking for an escape route

She just had to go and act all pathetic. Now they don't believe me anymore, he thought.

His eyes narrowed at the trembling girl hidden behind the student council president. “I see. So this is how you're gonna play it.”, he began.

“After everything I've done for you..”, Yeonjun scoffed.

“Don't make me repeat myself.”, Chenle snapped, his eyebrow twitching in suppressed anger. “Who. Are. You.”.

Yeonjun smirked, raising his hands above his head as Renjun took a step towards him, his gun aimed right at his head. “Choi Yeonjun. Like I said.”.

“Who are you to her.”, he interrogated.

“Oh, Zhuo?”, Yeonjun's smirk only grew as he made eye contact with the said girl, her teary eyes begging him to stay quiet about their relationship.

“Well wouldn't you like to know.”, he scoffed. That was their last straw.

Jaemin's finger hovered over the trigger. It all happened in a matter of seconds, the loud sound of gunshots ringing through the room.

Haechan hit the ground with a loud thud as Yeonjun zoomed past him, much to everyone's shock.

“Follow after him!”, Chenle ordered as Jeno and Renjun followed suit. Jisung immediately went over to Haechan, helping him up to his feet.

“Shit, I just recovered from my bullet wound, goddamn. Give me a break!”, he complained.

Yuzhuo couldn't believe what had just happened. After three years, he was back. Back in her life.

And most likely, for all the wrong reasons.

Jaemin turned to Yuzhuo in concern. “Who is he? You don't just freak out like that over just anyone, or anything for that matter.”, he asked, softly.

She avoided the curious gazes from the others, her attention solely on her untied shoelaces she forgot to tie this morning.

Her heart continued to pound in her chest, still in shock from the recent events.

She trusts them, of course, but not with this. Not with something that even her own brother didn't know about.

It was her secret, her burden alone. No one elses.

“We can't help you if you don't let us in.”, said Chenle, his eyes softening even in the slightest.

Yuzhuo took a deep breath, regaining her composure as she looked up, her eyes cold and distance like the first time they ever met.

“Just... don't ask any questions. Just keep that son of a bitch as far away from me as you can.”, she snapped, pushing past them and out of the room.